Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traps - Merchant getting ganked - Kobolds not  (Read 525 times)

Almeric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://loquaciousgamer.blogspot.com
Traps - Merchant getting ganked - Kobolds not
« on: March 03, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »

On my fortress at home, I have my depot outside and a narrow entryway into my underground fortress.  I set up that hallway to be chock full of stone block traps, which my dwarves, friends, pets, etc don't trigger at all.

When a caravan arrives, if the head merchant-guy walks into my fortress, he gets obliterated by the traps.  Thankfully, this doesn't seem to bother his friends, but it does mean I don't get to discuss future trading opportunities.
(edit:  My plan for next time is to send my leader/trader to the depot as soon as the caravan hits my map, so the merchant doesn't need to come inside (I hope))

On the other hand, if a Kobold Thief sneaks into my fortress, I can understand him not triggering traps while sneaking.  But when he runs away and is totally visible, he doesn't get hit either.  What's up with that?  Makes the traps seem kinda pointless!   :(

[ March 03, 2008: Message edited by: Almeric ]

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Traps - Merchant getting ganked - Kobolds not
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

kobolds are trap immune, and friendly units WONT be hit by traps i nthe newer version... download it, it was a bug been fixed
My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Almeric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://loquaciousgamer.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »

See, that's why I was so surprised.  I'm using version c

So all kobolds are all always immune to traps, or just theives?

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Almeric:
<STRONG>So all kobolds are all always immune to traps, or just theives?</STRONG>

All kobolds are thieves.  Goblin thieves aren't as smart and do get caught, so I have a few goblin master thieves displayed around my fortress.

There have been a few reports of a friendly + kobold ending up on the same square with a trap, and the trap grabbing the friendly.  There might be a bug.