Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Botched up attempt to drain the volcano using water and need help fixing this.  (Read 576 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is my setup. I had initially tried using a single hole at the end which only made an obsidian pillar, so I decided to try having it flow off of a bridge and it still had a bit of obsidian get stuck and it did what the next few images of the next z levels below show you, which is NOT what I had intended.

I think I should have done a hole which is bordered by bridges.

So, um, help? Any way to fix this or something?

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not clear on what exactly you're trying to do here... Cap off the volcano? Get rid of the impromptu lake you made?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mainly get rid of the impromptu lake, but I'm trying again with a hole surrounded by bridges which should hopefully keep the hole from getting closed off.

Edit: Why am I even asking when I've got it figured out anyway XD
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:39:05 pm by smjjames »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile

because it's great fun looking at your attempts?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

because it's great fun looking at your attempts?

I guess, lol.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile

that was a serious answer, though most such things end up at the dwarf mode discussion subforum. It's always very educational and entertaining to watch other peoples attempts at, well, whatever it is they want to do. Sometimes they even succeed
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was kind of thinking this would have gone in the dwarf mode discussion section, but ah well.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

How did you even get that to happen? With the water coming down like that, it should have formed obsidian and caved in before being able to reach the pipe walls.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How did you even get that to happen? With the water coming down like that, it should have formed obsidian and caved in before being able to reach the pipe walls.

Not sure really. It started when some magma obsdianified next to a  constructed wall and it just went from there I guess. I was also not really paying close attention to what was going on with it.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahh if you had a constructed wall/floor that could support the forming obsidian that would do it.  Couldnt see that on those pictures and thought your setup would be an effective way to kill your FPS on command.