Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost minecart in fluid. Can see it on stocks, can zoom, can't select via {k}  (Read 528 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Just what it says on the tin.  I've got a goblin grinder + magma setup.  The system was running fine for a good 2 dwarven months, then suddenly the cart jams up in the magma.  When I look for it via stocks, I can zoom to it, but it's not there under the {k} menu.  All I see is gabbro Rollers, Marble Track (NS), and Magma [6/7].  I tried dumping it in stocks and then using autodump to get it out of the magma, no joy.

The cart happens to be sitting on top of a powered roller (checked that power was still on, it is) to boot, so I'm really not sure how it got stuck there.  In the same game I've got something rotting in the magma (undead critters) and I can't see him, either.  Anyone have any ideas on how I can correct this?  I've tried rebooting the game and that did nothing.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In a fort, I had dumped a bismuth bronze hive into magma and somehow it sill showed up in stocks and I get the same thing as you do.

I think I recall a bug in 40d and DF2010 where sometimes stuff (like rocks) that melted in lava don't clear from the stocks properly and get 'stuck' in the tile.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:49:02 pm by smjjames »

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Wierd.  Iron Minecart should be magma proof, and thus not melt.  Very odd.  Ah well, thanks.

Note to self: Make sure I have multiple mine-carts that can be launched independently from safety.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually wait, I remember a bug that might be related to this, sometimes flows will push items into the tiles or something, creating the same bug you're seeing. I don't remember if there were still some 6/7 magma sloshing around or not though.

I forget the exact specifics of the bug, but I do remember this bug as having existed in 40d.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

That would make sense, as that might have caused it.  There's some flow due to the fact that my carts were diving into full magma, filling, and then dumping it back into the pits from above because otherwise wall realignments were causing it to slosh everywhere.  Annoying, but at least it matches known problems.

Crap.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did the magma flow in as the cart was going in? If so, it might have move off. I know I had a cart that got washed off a track by water.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Dwarves know that the 'lost' item is there, but they won't touch it while it's sitting in magma.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.