Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ovepopulated Prisoners  (Read 1477 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ovepopulated Prisoners
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 08:00:58 pm »

My classic use for caged prisoners was to strip them of all weapons and drop them in a room full of recruits armed with training spears and watch them get beat to death as slowly as possible.  However, as you found, there is a risk of injury with the ones who need the training the most.  I haven't needed to do this once I learned that you can issue multiple "Train: Minimum 2" orders to your squad on their Schedule for each month and let them spar their way up to weaponlords.

Marksdwarf target practice is also a good idea, though chaining the prisoner isn't needed or even recommended.  Marksdwarves get 30XP per shot fired at an enemy, regardless of whether it hits.  Indeed, hitting the target might not even be in your best interest since crossbow bolts tend to decrease the projected operating timeframes of mobile training targets.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ovepopulated Prisoners
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 11:08:10 am »

creatures exit a cage when it is dropped somewhere, forcefully or not? I honestly don't know, this isn't another atempt at sarcasm, looking forward to the answer, would be interesting

No. They only get thrown out of cages in the specific situation of a minecart double shotgun, I think. Or I suppose they would get thrown out if there was some other way to get cages flying in a parabolic arc (not just falling straight down) and hit a wall. But as far as I know there isn't. Do a forum search for minecart double shotgun, hopefully that'll get you some specifics.
Pages: 1 [2]