Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends of Aethereus - A Co-op Action RPG  (Read 1440 times)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legends of Aethereus - A Co-op Action RPG
« on: September 30, 2013, 07:52:50 pm »

Apologies is there's already a thread about this game; forum search and Google couldn't find one.

Legends of Aethereus just came out on Steam after being Greenlit. I have never heard of it before, and it hasn't received a lot of press.

From what I can tell, it's a hack-and-slash Action RPG (the Vindictus, Dark Souls, and Dragon's Dogma kind, not the Diablo kind) with a focus on co-op play. It was successfully Kickstarted in July of 2012. I haven't been able to find any gameplay videos of the game post-release, but the beta videos show a game that has a lot of potential but completely unfinished animations.

Has anyone played this? What are your impressions?

RPS Preview from earlier in LoA's beta: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/18/legends-of-aethereus-combat-looks-meaty/

Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux. DRM-free
LoA's Website: http://www.aethereusgame.com/
LoA's Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/460738485/legends-of-aethereus-co-op-hack-n-slash-action-gam

Note: If someone has actually played the game and can give it an OP with proper information, I will happily lock this thread.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:38:21 pm by PrimusRibbus »
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Aethereus - A Co-op Action RPG
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:10:39 pm »

From what I can tell, it's a hack-and-slash Action RPG (the Vindictus, Dark Souls, and Dragon's Dogma kind, not the Diablo kind) with a focus on co-op play.

All three of the games you compare it too are drastically different.
So, which one is it?
The Null Teamwork Button mashing facerolling of Vindictus?
The limited teamwork and Semi-but-not-really-slow combat of Dark Souls?
Or the my companions are useless/annoying and just carry loot IMMA CLIMB ONTOP OF THIS DRAGON AND RIP IT'S HEAD OFF  Dragon's Dogma?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Aethereus - A Co-op Action RPG
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:31:49 am »

From what I can tell, it's a hack-and-slash Action RPG (the Vindictus, Dark Souls, and Dragon's Dogma kind, not the Diablo kind) with a focus on co-op play.

All three of the games you compare it too are drastically different.
So, which one is it?
The Null Teamwork Button mashing facerolling of Vindictus?
The limited teamwork and Semi-but-not-really-slow combat of Dark Souls?
Or the my companions are useless/annoying and just carry loot IMMA CLIMB ONTOP OF THIS DRAGON AND RIP IT'S HEAD OFF  Dragon's Dogma?

The "Pressing the X-button swings your weapon" kind, as opposed to the "clickspam" kind. Seeing as I haven't played it and am asking for people's impressions of the game, I don't know anything more than that :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:33:33 am by PrimusRibbus »
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT