Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alternative History Thread  (Read 2445 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative History Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 05:06:19 pm »

-What if the French were overthrown by Communist revolution before the end of the First World War?

I think that there's too many factors to calculate here. Plus I'm not terribly knowledgeable on French Communists... Personally I can see anything from a Central Power victory (France drops out of the war), Communistic Germany (France supports the communist uprisings post WWI) to WWI ending more or less normally (France sticks to fighting but remains unstable afterwards). A post WWI Soviet-French alliance is highly likely, which would likely change the face of WWII. I like to think that the Cold War would have been between Democracy and Fascism in this case, but then again I have no clue how things would turn out.

-What if the battle of Khalkhin Gol escalated into a full war?

At the very least the US's entry into WWII would have been delayed for a while. The Japanese certainly weren't going to start another conflict while dealing with the Soviets, though with the Philippines smack dab in their East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere, war between them was inevitable. I have no clue whether enough Soviet resources would be diverted to the Far East for Germany to get the decisive advantage they needed though. If Khalkhin Gol happened closer to 1941 I'd might say yes, but the extra couple years of fighting could help the Soviets sort out their military and manufacturing problems.

Goddamnit, I should know this, I'm a freaking Pole.
HOW DO I NOT KNOW HOW TO ANSWER TO THIS?

Probably because I have been taught about things up to WW1 in some greater detail. (and even more detail starting soon enough)

I recently read a book on Polish history so...  ;D

Also, someone should run an alternate history suggestion game. Now.

Such as? I'm receptive to ideas here.
Pages: 1 2 [3]