Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Liaison/Adamantite Question  (Read 805 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Dead Liaison/Adamantite Question
« on: March 02, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

The dwarf liaison's return is what dictates immigration, right? If I find Adamantine and the dwarf liaison is dead, do I still need to prepare for the king's arrival, since the Liaison wouldn't update the immigration requirements with the notice of adamantine found?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Liaison/Adamantite Question
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 02:56:00 pm »

Well im assuming like most officials you meet, when one dies, another always, eventually, comes to replace him. So i guess if you have adamantine, its probably only a matter of time until you do have to make some preparations for the king.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

John Johnston

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrescuable aspie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 06:49:00 am »

I'm not sure.  I'm twenty-five fortress years in from the death of my liaison and still no replacement.   :(
Oh
God it's been a lovely day
Everything's been going my way
I had so much fun today
And I'm on fire

Ubersoldat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

It's the caravan's return that dictates immigration, not the liaison. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have 'accidentally' killed my liaison by trapping him in a pit and flooding it with magma. That's what he gets for his sarcastic "I look forward to our meeting next year" crap.

peterb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by John Johnston:
<STRONG>I'm not sure.  I'm twenty-five fortress years in from the death of my liaison and still no replacement.    :(</STRONG>

Well, it takes a while to grow a new one.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:53:00 am »

My ruler has arrived, the spring after the Caravan from the mountainhomes arrived. Know what the wierd thing is? All that showed up was a single child.

;)

The Child-Queen!

Either that, or the queen really didn't show up.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!