Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bloc: Schism (SUSPENDED, PENDING NEW LEADERSHIP)  (Read 1155 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bloc: Schism (SUSPENDED, PENDING NEW LEADERSHIP)
« on: August 21, 2013, 04:15:44 pm »

I'm forming a competing alliance in the game Bloc. It probably won't be of interest to anyone just starting out - in that case I recommend joining U.B.A. in the other thread. However, for those looking for an alternative to endless posturing or who operate outside of Africa (something U.B.A. doesn't allow), this is basically going to become the alliance for those who want to have a little bit more fun in the game instead of waiting around while alliance leadership strives for "peace in our time, at any cost".

From the desk of Nicotal of Cotalia:
I have been purged from the U.B.A for ideological differences with leadership. I believe that a nation, or a group of nations, must stand strong, on it's on two feet, and not lick the boots of others, if it is to ever see itself in anything but a position of servitude. He has silenced my communication with my fellows, and removed me from their company.

For my efforts, for trying to restore a bit of dignity to our alliance, I am now on my own, bereft of support from others. But hopefully I am not TRULY alone. I will be spearheading my own efforts as the founder of a new alliance, an alliance of proud equals more in line with the ideology we claim to represent, an alliance that isn't afraid to bloody it's nose to make a point.

If you wish to join me, send a message to my embassy.

The people of Cotalia stand strong. Now let us see if we stand alone.

If you're interested in joining, let me know.

Right now we can chat on IRC:
irc.synirc.net
#schismbloc
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:09:30 pm by GlyphGryph »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i have no idea what the fuck happened but sure i'll dump rukunu in favor of the schism as it sounds promising

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'm in as well.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Fuck, this is a big gamble, but I'm in.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel that most people here are either already in the UBA or aren't interested, so you'd probably have better luck basing this one on the Cataclysm DDA  or some other forum (unless they aren't very active). I find it unlikely that Bay12 can support two groups (of reasonable size), but maybe I'm wrong.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Added IRC info to original post.

Changed chatroom to something a little less bay12 specific, gonna do as suggested and invite the Cataclysm folks too.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:24:47 pm by GlyphGryph »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. I'm tempted to join this one, just because of the outside Africa operation, as I still haven't heard back about reseting my duplicate accounts. So, ya. I don't want to play, in-case he (whoever he may be) brings the mighty ban hammer down on my face.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The UBA is kinda boring I have to admit. But I suspect that anyone not following RUKUNU's lead mercenary wise is going to get shat on real fast by the AU. Even the full might of the UBA pales in comparison to the hell Jenkins could unleash.

I'm not sure what you plan to do exactly. Gank weak alliances? Will you be hosting alliance forums at DDA?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloc: Schism (SUSPENDED, PENDING NEW LEADERSHIP)
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 11:10:43 pm »

I've realized even with this change of pace, I just can't maintain interest in the game anymore - if this had happened weeks ago, I probably could have had fun for another month or two, but now I'm just burned out. Sorry anyone who jumped ship - if you want to establish a new leader, that would be cool - I also understand the UBA is coming under new leadership potentially, so you can rejoin there as well. but I think I'm out. Sorry.

If a new leader is elected, I'll be willing to put in minimal effort for another couple of weeks and just send them all my resources as I earn them - troops, cash, etc.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 11:16:24 pm »

I've realized even with this change of pace, I just can't maintain interest in the game anymore - if this had happened weeks ago, I probably could have had fun for another month or two, but now I'm just burned out. Sorry anyone who jumped ship - if you want to establish a new leader, that would be cool - I also understand the UBA is coming under new leadership potentially, so you can rejoin there as well. but I think I'm out. Sorry.

If a new leader is elected, I'll be willing to put in minimal effort for another couple of weeks and just send them all my resources as I earn them - troops, cash, etc.

I am almost in the same boat really. I am considering permanently ditching Bloc as my work on my exploratory strategy game ramps up. I even stopped playing EU4 so I could avoid being distracted.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 11:30:22 pm »

Same boat +1, haven't logged in for a while. Think I'm done.

Goodbye, dear friend,
Perhaps we'll meet again someday.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 01:08:21 am »

count me in i ussed to be in the uba but didn't rejoin when we all got kicked, i feel better being lead by a cartoon Gryphon anyway