Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bathhouse?  (Read 480 times)

Zambaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bathhouse?
« on: August 24, 2013, 08:17:16 am »

Okay, the situation is: My dorfs are filthy and needs a bathhouse where they can clean themselves and relax with some booze and a bar of soap. I have a river which is perfect. My plan is to dig out a room with a big pool in it. But how would I go about stopping my fortress from getting flooded?
I have only 1 experience with floodgates and that's when I made a pond in my courtyard, I made a hole in a murky pool and thusly filled the pond, but the whole courtyard was flooded. And once it was drained I built a floodgate so I could control it the next time if the rain fills it up.

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bathhouse?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:13:27 am »

screw pump

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:17:43 am »

Crinkles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 10:30:12 am »

I suggest that, instead of using a pool, or in addition to a pool, you make use of a mist generator. The mist gives dwarves pleasant thoughts, and it actually obliterates dirt and blood rather than leaving a layer of sludge on the bottom of the pool. Put some magma or ever-lasting fire under your pool and pretend that the mist is steam, like in a real bathhouse. :)

If you do build a pool, make sure you can drain it and supply fresh water to it.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 06:54:20 am »

They will clean themselves around a well too, getting the wonderful soapy bath thought.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."