Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf stuck on 'pickup equipment', just standing there and is tired and hungry  (Read 427 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so, what's going on with him?

A bit ago I spotted this dwarf oddly just standing there in a meeting zone, just frozen, yet tired and hungry. I looked at the task and he was trying to get an owned item (a worn out silk glove though, would be hilarious if it was a sock), looked for it and it's accessable in the stockpiles. Tried forbidding and unforbidding to get it to reset, but all it did was make the task item dissapear from the job info itself.

If he doesn't fall unconscous due to lack of sleep (which SHOULD cause the task to cancel), I think this dwarf is going to die due to some strange glitch :/

Also, no, he isn't on duty or anything and there are no burrow restrictions. Wierd glitch whatever is going on here, maybe his brain broke from the desert sun or something.

Edit: Just checked wounds and he has an injury to his guts which has been sutured (along with every layer the bolt that had caused the wound went through) and has an infection. Somehow I don't think soap would help here because it's an internal infection. Which reminds me, I'd better make some soap......
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:55:33 pm by smjjames »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

Try assigning him to a burrow which includes neither himself nor the glove.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried and it didn't work. Going to make some soap and see if that does anything, besides, I do need it.

Edit: Tiredness kicked in and force cancelled that task, he is now asleep.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:35:56 pm by smjjames »

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile

I've encountered this glitch myself with military, I fixed it by causing a cave-in a few tiles over. I'm certain there's a better way to fix it though.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Hunger and thirst will also interrupt the stuck Pickup Equipment job.

If they standing somewhere potentially dangerous, releasing a prisoner or wild animal right next to them might snap them out of it (never had to try it). You don't need to build a cage and link a lever; pasturing the unfriendly creature will work just fine.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.