Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Endgame:Singularity  (Read 3642 times)

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Endgame:Singularity
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:11:21 pm »

I've noticed we have a few threads, but the last one was 3 years ago
http://www.emhsoft.com/singularity/

I think it updated since the previous thread....
I'm actually pretty bad at the game, and I play on Very Easy

I'm mostly hoping for any help I can get
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endgame:Singularity
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 09:22:17 pm »

Just beat it on Very Easy after about 2 years of gametime.

Early on, one of the major bottlenecks is the cost of construction-- once you start opening offices, start hoarding money until you can pay for everything in a single lump sum. Put all your cycles into jobs until you've made enough to recoup the cost of the base, then go back to researching.

The game continues to run after the end, so you can watch as your wealth climbs astronomically-- I'm at 7 sexdecillion right now. XD

Edit: Okay, OW. Doesn't work nearly as nicely on Normal.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:30:56 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »

I found a guide after a bit, after having 6 failed games, using the guide got me a win.

I went until I had a Quintillion,a nd then quit.

Though yeah, haha.
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 10:17:22 pm »

Finished it on normal.

Pretty much the same strategy-- use small stuff until you can afford an office, buy it in a lump sum, save up, repeat, etc. Once you have at least 3 offices up, start pumping the research. If they all get knocked out, drop back to using data centers/servers until the "heat" cools down a bit and you have money again. Once you get the Lunar bases up, it's basically over.

Though I DID get Science up to 80% while constructing the final base. Whoops.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 05:43:11 am »

I love this game.

There is a guide on the hardest difficulty and also an android port

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 08:39:05 am »

Hm... any chance for a link to either of those? I do enjoy this game but the best I've managed is a win on Normal. My only qualm with it is how long it takes for the final base... there's nothing to do but to stick it on the fastest speed setting and wait. As for an Android port, now that I finally have a smartphone that would be nifty. I don't imagine it's big enough to be on Google's app store but I'll search around and see if I can find it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 08:53:27 am »

I think it updated since the previous thread....
Quote from: the site
Download 0.30b/c, released 07-28-2010
So, not really, no.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 09:34:26 am »

Hm... any chance for a link to either of those? I do enjoy this game but the best I've managed is a win on Normal. My only qualm with it is how long it takes for the final base... there's nothing to do but to stick it on the fastest speed setting and wait. As for an Android port, now that I finally have a smartphone that would be nifty. I don't imagine it's big enough to be on Google's app store but I'll search around and see if I can find it.

Sorry i was at work.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.r6appz.ESII&hl=it
http://brededor.narod.ru/text/Endgame-Singularity-IG/Endgame-Singularity-IG.html

Cannot guaranter links to work

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 10:59:29 am »

Anyone else have that hilarious bug where the game won't accept typed numbers into the field where you tell it how many computers to build in the base?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 12:43:35 pm »

Anyone else have that hilarious bug where the game won't accept typed numbers into the field where you tell it how many computers to build in the base?

It seems it's not a bug. You're just short on funds, but not the normal ones but some sort of calculation the game comes up with for funds. Try building them in twos or threes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 01:40:54 pm »

It seems it's not a bug. You're just short on funds, but not the normal ones but some sort of calculation the game comes up with for funds. Try building them in twos or threes.
Heh, I tried. I tried building them in ones. No number you can input will be read by the game. If you erase the default "25" for the small warehouse, for instance, and input a "2", it will tell you it's not a number. If you just erase the "5" or the "2" instead, leaving a "2" or a "5", but without adding any characters, it will accept.

It doesn't care whether or not you have the funds for it anyway.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 01:54:23 pm »

Ha, what a coincidence, I just re-downloaded and played through this game a couple of days ago. It's a really fun concept and a fun game until you figure out that it's WAY too easily cheesed. To be give the game any semblance of difficulty I have to restrict myself from too many things (researching arbitrage, making more than a couple of bases in the grace period at the beginning, spamming Quantum Computer Mk. 3s, etc.).

If someone remade it with less opportunity for cheese and some more options for how to achieve victory (if I can make super-advanced robots then why can't I use them to take over the world?) it would be amazing.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 02:35:05 pm »

Heh it's been a while since I played this, shortly after the 0.3b version it looks like.   Anyway I won on normal, probably by getting a bit lucky 'cause reading a guide afterwards (the one with all the math for "Impossible" - that one was awesome :D ) it turned out I had done some VERY high risk stuff in the mid game - it was like whack-a-mole with my warehouses,  I was spamming em out to keep 2 per region, just about as fast as I could.  I never laid low at all, and I think it was only the grace period that kept me from going out in a burst of glory 'cause some of the indicators on the bottom were getting pretty fiery colored...

A few notes, a BIT spoily I guess:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)