Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: baby question  (Read 736 times)

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
baby question
« on: March 01, 2008, 01:15:00 pm »

not to ask an awkward question or anything but...i got the announcement that a wrestler had given birth to a baby girl. immediately after, it said "wrestler cancels drink: seeking infant". this was literally immediately after the "given birth" message. So...if she lost it already, where do dwarf babies come from? cuz apparently it isnt from their mother, as she headed back to the fortress immediately to find it.
-Toast-_

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: baby question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

Giant Eagles drop them into your Wood Furnaces.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:07:00 pm »

Any time a dwarf gives birth you'll immediately get the "[Dwarf] cancels [job]: Seeking infant" message. Your wrestler has not done anything remotely unusual and you shouldn't worry about it  :) Taking a wild guess, it might be that upon being born, the baby begins life on the cavern floor and the "seeking child" message is the mother simply picking it off the floor. Can't say I've ever paid much attention to dwarves giving birth though, so it might be wrong.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:23:00 pm »

oh yeah i didnt think of that...of course it would be on the floor. I was thinking they must "spawn" in the mothers bedroom or something. i wanted to make sure it wasnt going to randomly appear somewhere she cant find it.
-Toast-_