Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stuck with a wounded leg  (Read 1395 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
stuck with a wounded leg
« on: August 19, 2013, 09:57:43 pm »

so my warchief (masterwork, but this applies to any version of DF) gets wounded, he's sleeping in bed.  i deconstruct bed, but he has a leg wound.  i make a crutch, yet no one will give him it, and he won't get it himself.  he won't move anywhere, any fix?
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: stuck with a wounded leg
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:00:26 pm »

Medical treatment is a bit sporadic at the moment. A dirty fix is to give him a new injury - that should give another 'see the doctor' command, where he'll get treatment for any injuries he has, hopefully including that leg.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:04:11 pm »

i can't give him a new injury though.  he's in the little hospital/well area.  is there ANY other way?  he's hungry and thirsty. 
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Anathe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 10:09:14 pm »

Strategic cave-in a tile or two away. Dust cloud will knock him away, hopefully shock him into life.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 10:17:20 pm »

is there some sort of dfhack command?  i'm no newbie, but there are some things i don't know how to do, cave-ins are one of them.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 10:24:42 pm »

for DFHack, navigate the cursor (from a cursor mode) over them, then pause the game
> liquids
>> p
>> m
>> 1
>> {ENTER}
should place a bit of magma on their tile. In the game itself, step through until they are on ‼fire‼, then
>> w
>> {ENTER}
should replace the magma with water, putting them out.

DISCLAIMER:
> quicksave
first, and if it doesn't work,
> die

Leave them on fire until they start getting cuts
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:16:11 pm »

I built a wooden spike under a guy once and then hooked it to a lever and gave him a nice stab in the leg.

I usually get this sort of thing when multiple people get injured at the same time and the medics dump them in the same bed.  And then only one of them gets treated.
(I think it's due to two fetch wounded tasks running at the same time and picking the same bed.  Sort of like the bug with having multiple beekeepers go after the same hive.)
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 02:49:26 am »

I think you might need a dwarf with diagnose enabled to look at it. Then he can go "Yep, it's broken alright. You'll need a crutch."

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 04:11:40 am »

Dwarves ( and other civ critters ) have to be diagonsised before they get treated and crutches. Might wanna have some splints around, too, just in case. Then have CMD or something with diagonsis enabled to take a look at them in hospital zones.

If they have job of 'resting' then they need medical attention.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 05:25:40 am »

You can smash minecart into him for additional injuries. Minecarts are unaffected by furniture.
Though for me such problems are usually fixed by building-removing bed under him until it works.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 07:24:38 am »

dfusion -> misc -> heal unit your cursor must be over the dwarf

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:55 am »

thanks for the dfhack commands, now he needs to be healed. 

to the others, he couldn't be diagnosed because he wasn't resting

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 10:44:40 am »

Dig out the floor tile 1 z above him and designate it as a dump. Dump some stuff on top of him and he should suffer a minor injury.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 11:43:41 am »

You can make a 1 tile pasture on the dwarf and assign like 5 dogs to it. They will eventually start mauling him.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 12:58:39 pm »

A "Give Food" or "Give Water" job prevents diagnosis, but also resets the diagnosis priority when completed. Make sure you have an available medical staff including both nurses and doctors.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.