Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seeds  (Read 656 times)

JPolito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jpolito.zlique.org/
Seeds
« on: April 09, 2007, 07:03:00 pm »

Is it possible to get cave wheat and sweet pod seeds after starting a build without any? All that I have are plump helmet spawns and pig tail seeds. If I recall correctly, sweet pods and cave wheat were never in the list of possibilities. Do caravans ever bring seeds?

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seeds
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

Sweet pod seeds and cave wheat seeds should have been available in the beginning though the "n"ew menu.  But there's still hope to get them.  Flooded areas inside the cave may grow shrubs.  If you gather those shrubs, sometimes you'll get sweet pods or cave wheat.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 07:53:00 pm »

The only seed that's not available in the buy menu is the one for quarry bushes.

And as stated above, rough cave floors that are muddy will generate shrubs, as long as it isn't winter.

Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Bas Cost Budde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.heuveltop.nl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 03:40:00 am »

And yes, caravans may bring seeds. Later on you may even order those.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 01:36:00 pm »

only from the dwarvan caravan's town or city liason, whom comes once you have a book keeper.

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:10:00 pm »

Sometimes the caravan randomly brings whole cave plants you can buy, and then brew or mill to extract their seeds.  Don't cook them by mistake!  I know they can bring plump helmet, and I think sweet pods, too.  I've never seen them bring cave wheat, but that doesn't mean they won't.