Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Determining Creature Size  (Read 285 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Determining Creature Size
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:06:03 am »

So, I may have found a bug by accident and I'm trying to figure out how to confirm it.  Here's the short form.  If anyone's familiar with my single pick challenge fort, I was butchering up a water buffalo and dumping the skin/hair into an atom smasher.  The atom smasher fell to pieces when the hair was reanimated and I tried to crush it.

Now, according to this page:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:List_of_creatures_by_adult_size#bridge

The water buffalo is indeed squishable.  I find it hard to believe the hair/skin of something would be larger than the original creature.  I've heard mention of the ability to determine the size of a creature via blood volume, but I can't find anything in R22's DFHack that will let me see that.

Do I have an option, or way, to see the size of this critter?  If I provide a copy of the file can someone else with better tools check on how large these buggers are?

EDIT: Answered my own question, I was able to find a version of the maxblood script to use in the inquiry regarding dwarf/creature dwarfism.  However, Blood is 1020.  Average dwarf is 5000+.  So, I can't check that way, I guess, and there's no other method.

Very wierd.  Tempted to build it a series of pressure plates and see which one it triggers from weight.