Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange Cage Behavior  (Read 304 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange Cage Behavior
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:08:38 am »

I recently downloaded DF for the Mac. GF's cats poured water on my PC so I'm having to make due with what I have. Other than not being able to backspace [to my ETERNAL frustration.], it's been fairly smooth. I started a fortress in the caverns, and have managed to capture four mole dogs [three male, one female] and two elk birds [one male, one female] and am saving them for breeding later. Figure why not, under ground fortress, under ground animals. Not like i have anything else to do. Well, i'm also placing flooring over the water edges in the cavern, so i can hopefully filter any pond grabbers or cave crocodiles into a narrow channel for capture. This takes a bit of building and deconstructing to get it perfect, and while doing so, I noticed something. Every time I deconstruct a floor or wall, ALL of my cages from my cage stockpile teleport to where ever the deconstructed material appears. So instead of say, one basalt block, what appears is one basalt block and six cages. Is this something I can fix, or..?
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Cage Behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:27:14 am »

It's a bug in latest version, a specific area get everything loose teleported to where dwarf is when walls or floors get deconstructed. I think it's intended to prevent dwarves from dropping things on other dwarves, but got too eager and wide reaching.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Cage Behavior
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 10:38:17 am »

That's what I thought as well, but he said the stuff was in the stockpile and didn't say how close the deconstruction was.