Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire queen  (Read 1036 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire queen
« on: August 18, 2013, 12:32:32 am »

So apparently, my queen, who just arrived, is a vampire

Said queen has eight thousand kills, with about three thousand humans from one human town, and another five thousand from twenty assorted dwarf sites.

What I do?

Killing her is lame, but I don't want to sacrifice dwarves.

I could keep her around or perhaps make her military?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire queen
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 01:28:13 am »

Lock her up in an opulent throne room to lead the civ for eternity.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 01:34:13 am »

Wall her in and make her your manager/bookkeeper. You might want to assign her to a dummy squad to get her to wear some armor, since regular clothing would rot away eventually.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:06:12 am »

Assign her to a burrow that encompasses only children beds.
Or obtain tigermen.
Or catch a FB with sleep inducing syndrome and feed her anyone.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:56:26 am »

is her name marcy?
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 05:47:07 am »

Hmm. Will a vampire feed on any species? If so, other than a sleep inducing FB, could unconciousness via dropping wounds be enough to feed them?
This is a blank sig.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 06:45:36 am »

Hmm. Will a vampire feed on any species? If so, other than a sleep inducing FB, could unconciousness via dropping wounds be enough to feed them?

I think I remember reading about a vampire who killed an unconscious cat, so I suppose they will feed on unconscious animals, I'm not sure if it makes a difference how they became unconscious.

Personally, If I ever had the luck to get an immortal vampire queen, I'd keep her in an elaborate throne room built specifically for her, preferably out of her favourite material with masterwork statues and engravings, surrounded by her favourite items (but no pets). If I felt like taking a risk I'd probably try to infect her consort (if she has one) using the well of unlife method.

But this all coming from someone who has never (knowingly) had a vampire in their forts, so I have little idea on how to actually make them useful to the fort (except to keep a fort from crumbling til the next migrant wave). If you could knock people unconscious/ put them to sleep then give the queen access to them, then I suppose she could be used to execute people, but I'm sure there are more efficient methods to do so. Besides, I read some where on the forums that vampires don't always drain people completely, but you'll only get an announcement if the feeding kills them, but I'm not sure how true that is.
Overall, good luck with the vampire queen.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 10:50:12 am »

You have a vampire queen, that means you can continuously injure her to train up your doctors. Build a drop shaft -> Drop queen -> Take queen to hospital to be fixed -> Repeat.

e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####Ł####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:20:38 am »

And if she doesn't survive, so much the better! No vamp death risk _and_ one less noble

EDIT: KingBacon, your sig lacks monospacing (font=courier)
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

mek42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 03:46:17 pm »

You know you want to infect the whole fort now.  You just have to admit this to yourself.  It is what her Ladysmith desires.
"Is that the game with the blinky characters and no pictures?  Maybe you do have Asperger's." - My wife after I mentioned my excitement over the elves bringing by caravan a whole bunch of wood after my deforestation project was neglected due to a near-tantrum spiral and total loss of my initial seven and a bunch of immigrants.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 04:06:52 am »

I had a vampire queen once. I put her in a 15x20 room deep underground and dropped 15 layers of stone onto her. It crashed right down into the cavern layers and killed a FB to boot!