Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bought caged tiger, wont come out  (Read 349 times)

Prester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
bought caged tiger, wont come out
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:43:43 pm »

hey guys

the elves werte just here. initially i just wanted to send them away but then i found a tamed female caged tiger and bought it.

now i secluded area, asigned to animal training, asigned the tiger a trainer, set him to available, even moved the cage into the training zone, i also have meat, asigned tiger to war training.

nothing happens. the tiger chills in the cage and my trainer is afk in the meeting hall ...

did i miss something?
do i need to release hi9m manually?
how do i do that? wiki only describes freeing (built) cages not the trap-cages ...

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: bought caged tiger, wont come out
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:55:22 pm »

b-j is the keypresses, use x to expand the list so you can find the specific cage. Once it's built, q over it and then a, an + next to animal name is ones that are assigned to the cage you've selected, hit enter to unassign them and someone'll come take it out.

Yes manual release's needed.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:04:22 pm »

You can also leave the cage unbuilt and assign the tiger to a pasture. Make sure the trade depot or caged animal stockpile aren't in the pasture zone, otherwise the dwarves will consider the job already done.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Prester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »

first methor worked perfectly, but i can imagine the pasture would have also worked , why i didnt think of that lol

Prester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:12:24 pm »

now that i trainer her to be a war tiger, i see in dwarfen therapist that she is unbelievable weak and clumsy ... can i somehow train her attributes ? her trainer left her after 10 seconds when she became marked as war tiger :-O ?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 04:29:32 pm »

now that i trainer her to be a war tiger, i see in dwarfen therapist that she is unbelievable weak and clumsy ... can i somehow train her attributes ? her trainer left her after 10 seconds when she became marked as war tiger :-O ?

Unfortunately, I don't think you can. Not without modding anyway.

However, I'm pretty new to DF2012, so animals having attributes is a new thing for me as I don't think they did initially when the attributes were first introduced. So, if there IS a way to increase their attributes, like a swimming chamber for example, someone should know the answer to that.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 04:56:42 pm »

Animals can raise their attributes despite being unable to learn skills (I discovered this while training my dwarves on a giant armadillo).

I think swimming would raise the appropriate attributes, though I'm not 100% sure. I don't know if there are any other practical options, as live training is rather dangerous for creatures that are unarmoured and unable to receive medical attention.

If you do throw your tiger in a swimming pool, use DT's numerical values to check on the animal's progress.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.