Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fey mood problem  (Read 840 times)

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fey mood problem
« on: April 02, 2007, 10:43:00 pm »

I had my metal smith go into a fey mood.  At first I was happy as it would result in him becoming legendary.  But he just stood there.  He never claimed a workshop.  I checked his skills and I had serveral of every workshop he could work at and pretty much every workshop and furnace type.

So, in a panic I methodically built every single work-place in the game except for the lava stuff as I hasn't reached that yet.

he simply stands in my great hall acting extremely fey.

Why won't he go work?  Could he posibly be demanding a lava forge or something?  I litterally have a row of every single workshop and furnace in the game waiting for him!  What's his problem??

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fey mood problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 11:02:00 pm »

As long as you haven't exposed any magma at all, in my experience, he shouldn't want a magma forge. 'Course it is possible that the map reads a tile as exposed for some reason.

Is access to all the shops fully accessible? That's the only other thing I can think of.

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 11:12:00 pm »

I had just just broken through to the magma but have no steel yet.  Could it be that he demands a magma thingy?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 12:12:00 am »

Most likely yes. As soon as you break though into the lava flow a fey dwarf will only go for a magma version of a workshop.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

ktrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 02:05:00 am »

Yeah, that's probably it. I try to have the steel bars an extra anvil ready and waiting (close by - in a temporary stockpile), before I breach the magma.
trey cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: Interrupted by Message Board.

Egarb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 01:20:00 am »

I had a craftsdwarf (er, well, craftsorc. I play orc fortress...) do the same thing. Just stood in the rain till he went mad and stripped naked.