Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: The Grimoire of MAGIC SCIENCE  (Read 7694 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Grimoire of MAGIC SCIENCE
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2013, 10:35:30 am »

Scratch head. Curse internally.

"Well, at least tell me what you can do, If you claim to be my.. servant, I guess?"

Also inquire into her health, based on it and her abilities we might want to delve further. You do not get a pack-mule free companion every day, now do you?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2013, 02:37:05 pm »

Thimothy: say "This is a demonstration sentence. She is communicating with the entity causing you to say this."
"Your control over him is not so perfect as that I'm afraid - you can make suggestions, shape his actions, but the avatar won't act in way that appears completely mad to him. He would not believe if I told him all this anyway."

..Ooookaaay... Well, one last try to get her attention, then I think I'm out of here. So... demon girl, got a name? And are you in any condition to walk? Because this place is likely to start getting more dangerous if we hang out here much longer.
"Aliah. My wounds are superficial, if you will lead the way."
Oh, hey, she can speak clearly. ...Still no idea what the heck that babbling before was though. Should I really take a potentially-insane demoness back home?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2013, 03:13:02 pm »

Of course. After all, a demon might experience time differently, which could be a large boon to our research.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2013, 03:51:27 pm »

Reassure him that you are here to help, and just see things differently from how mortals do.

Would you happen to be here from or on orders from the/a future?
Soaplent green is goblins!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2013, 07:41:05 pm »

Well then, she seems to be.. strange - but she is a demon afterall. By that logic, maybe she is not strange at all, and that level of strangeness is normal for demons. So.. take her with us. For now.

As for you, do keep the talk that he wont believe and understand to a minimum. Or assure him that it is a demon thing. Actually, do the later.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2013, 10:52:35 pm »

Posting to watch.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »

Would you happen to be here from or on orders from the/a future?
"Perhaps."

"Worry not mage - My kind speak with things beyond your sight from time to time; it is a simple oddity of the species, not a sign of madness."
...Not entirely reassured by that, but at least she seems coherent now. Time to head home I think - shouldn't be too hard to get her inside before anyone notices those horns or skin color, my place is a bit removed from the bustle of town. "Understood, I shall keep a low profile until we arrive."

Well, all in all, I guess this hasn't been too bad a run. I've got a pile of elemental crystals which would sell for a decent amount, plans for some sort of magic circle, a demoness somehow, and now even an extra bag of enchanted sand lying just outside the exit. Given the lack of monsters or anything, I'll call this a successful dungeon delving!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2013, 05:00:19 pm »

Going home - preferably sometimes around dusk, to ease her "blending in" - should do for now. Also
inquire if she knows anything about the function of the circle.

Else we just as well might sell those crystals, unless we find a use for them. Having said that, study them further, to unlock their secrets.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2013, 10:38:30 pm »

So do you have full postmodern meta understanding of the nature of your reality and this website, or can you just hear us?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2013, 01:43:43 pm »

((Blarg darnit. Ok, I still hope I can get this thing up and running again once more! Buuut classes just started up over here and busy busy busy. Dunno how long it'll take things to cool down enough for me to get back to this, hopefully a week at most.))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]