Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf in Goblin ambush + Issues with disarming  (Read 486 times)

whatever1works

• Bay Watcher
  • *Flips table*
    • View Profile
Dwarf in Goblin ambush + Issues with disarming
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:03:45 am »

Ok.. So i've had a few goblin ambushes, and as i read on the wiki, if a goblin child-snatcher gets a kid, they can come back and fight for the goblins. This has happened. Thankfully i've got a hole bunch of traps.. and i managed to capture about 1/2 of the ambush squad (and the others flee'd or i killed them i think). One of the captured ambushers is that that dwarf who was stolen as a child. He's still alive and well, is there anyway i can 'convert' him to my side, or do i have to kill him through a long and torturous means like the rest of the green captives.

Also any other question. About disarming the captives. I know you basically have to press d,b,d for the cages to be dumped (in a dumping zone), but then have to cancel the dump order on the cage. The concept makes sense, but when i set them to dump, the only thing i can 'un-dump' is the cage. So, i do the d,b,d... then i press k, go over the cage (in the stockpile), press enter, and it gives me an inventory screen. In that screen the only item listed is the creature; and its listed as either "Goblin thief" or "Goblin Master Swordsmen", pressing enter again just gives a description of the creature. I know it didn't work, because when i dumped the captive into a pit, they still had all their armour and weapons. It did work for ONE of the goblins, because i can see that they are listed just as "Goblin" and don't have their title.
But the rest seem unaffected.
What am i doing wrong. Anyhelp would be great. thx

"Do you want some fish balls?", "No thanks I'll have a steak please"

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf in Goblin ambush + Issues with disarming
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 12:28:54 am »

Can't answer the returning to civilization question, but I figure they're lost forever.

First, you need to mass-claim everything, so d-b-c the cage group.  THEN you dbd the cage group, to force dump everything.  Then with k, you go to each cage and un-dump it by hitting d.  That's all.  You can't see into the cages (frustrating) but you don't have to hit Enter and go inside.  Just d from the k screen.

You should see your haulers come and hold a party conga line stripping everyone clean, and leave them in the cages.  If you don't undump the cages, however, you now have a nice little party with goblins and haulers sharing blood drinks.  Either that or the cages AND gobbos both end up in the atom-smasher.  I forget.

whatever1works

• Bay Watcher
  • *Flips table*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 03:45:17 am »

Ahhhhh, that seems to have worked. thankyou. I guess i can sell the my traitor to the elves  ;) But as for the rest of them.... well, we're going to have !Fun!
"Do you want some fish balls?", "No thanks I'll have a steak please"

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 02:28:58 pm »

Go ahead. Try to sell the hostile dwarf to the elves. You're going to have FUN.

Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

deepdowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFMigrant]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 04:23:07 pm »

Oh just what I'm looking for!

But somehow it won't work, would you mind to explain gain?

a) I have a ANIMAL STOCKPILE with the cages, including fresh gobbos from recent ambushes etc. So how do I strip the weapons off, armor only off, or all off? Do I need to wait in between those orders?

b) What with an build cage with 10 gobbos put into it?

Thanks in advance :)

And laula: I just had this happen, I tried to sell Weasel Men...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:51:13 pm by deepdowner »
"So you're staring at the Matrix while memorizing every key combination for twelve hours a day....every day?"

deepdowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFMigrant]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 08:12:45 pm »

I figured it out myself, boy is it complicated :D

The 2 newb unfriendliest things for me are stripping prisoners (or at least: finding it out, once you know it's "easy"), and: military screen. I mean now I know what it means and what to do there, it's STILL uncomfortable as hell.

I feel like cinderella now, the good goblins (melee) to fight, the bad ones (crossbows!) dump into my vulcano hatch.
Ohh I hate you so much, burn  :D
"So you're staring at the Matrix while memorizing every key combination for twelve hours a day....every day?"