Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furniture Selection  (Read 994 times)

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Furniture Selection
« on: August 03, 2013, 03:36:58 pm »

hey all is there a way to choose a specific piece of furniture to put somewhere? I know that this could be done with an artifact, but I want to put my newly encrusted goodies in certain rooms. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to forbid every loose piece of furniture of the same kind so they pick up the correct piece? I don't like this option because then I would need to stop production and with as many things that are currently going on I don't want to do that.
Thanks in advance!

edit: this jerk of a mayor now wants a tin bed instead of the masterwork mahogany bed encrusted with emeralds and lapis lazuli. Question still stands, though

second edit: oh no! I don't see an option to make a tin bed anywhere!! what do I do?!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:46:32 pm by Juxtap0se »
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Elayne Boosler

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Furniture Selection
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:43:23 pm »

Press 'x' on the material selection menu, i.e. the one that says "larch beds   56    0/3, mahogany beds    58     0/5..."

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »

where is this menu, itg?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Elayne Boosler

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:51:54 pm »

Last step before the dwarf gets the order to place the bed.

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 03:55:48 pm »

perfect! thanks for that, itg. now about that tin bed...
Elayne Boosler

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 04:15:15 pm »

perfect! thanks for that, itg. now about that tin bed...

Non-wood beds are only made in strange mood in vanilla game, some mods implements metal bed. If someone's asking for specific material furnishing in their room, it's pretty safe to ignore :D

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 04:27:41 pm »

sweet! thanksAutomataKittay. This is a great community  :D :D
Elayne Boosler