Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skaven  (Read 2040 times)

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Skaven
« on: July 28, 2013, 01:12:16 pm »

So after a while I decided to return to Dwarf Fortress.
I had previously (maybe year ago) created a custom skaven race for masterwork(6 castes, basically 3 with male and female alternatives).
Now after a quick check through masterwork files i found files for skaven but not actual skaven race.
What all i need to do to successfully combine it and make playable race?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Skaven
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 01:30:34 pm »

It is a planned race for future updates. A warpstone based cavern race, with very high recuperation. To make it a playable race... that would be a large amount of work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HereticUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 03:30:35 am »

Also, wouldn't this require a bit of thought as to how it would work with the current Masterwork settings? As it currently stands, warpstone is disabled by default unless you turn on Harder Mining, isn't it? So surely a warpstone race would be broken without the warpstone needed to support it?

I may be playing Captain Obvious here, but that's just my tuppence.

Mayama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:30:40 am »

What about not naming the race skaven cause it feels to warhammer'ish.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 10:28:58 am »

In that case I'll name the race Skaven, because warhammerish is exactly what its going to be.

HeriticUK: I didnt mean a playable race. Just as an enemy. They'll drop warpstone or warpstone items upon death. Doesnt matter if you have harder mining or not.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HereticUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 06:13:36 pm »

Ah okay, thank you for clearing that up, Meph. Have you given much thought to the race so far?

And I wholeheartedly agree with naming the race "Scaven".