Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together [OOC thread]  (Read 20263 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Microscope RPG: Let's build a world together [OOC thread]
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2013, 07:16:04 pm »

Yeah, I'll go ahead and change it.

At this point, go ahead and post a Period, Event, or Scene relating to Humanity whenever you like, within the next three days. When everyone has posted (or when three days have passed) I'll do the final bit of the round, we'll do the Legacy phase, and the Lens will rotate to the next player.

Again, turn order now goes:

Lens (monk12 this round)
Everybody else (no order, within 3 days of first Lens posting)
Lens (monk12)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:51 pm »

Wooo, I'm done.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2013, 11:08:51 pm »

Trying to steer the story into a more historical perspective.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2013, 04:20:12 pm »

When does your Event take place? I'm guessing after the Council of Halron, but it's best to be sure.

Also, just need a contribution from IamanElfCollaborator, and I'll wrap up the round.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 07:47:55 pm »

@Chink, I'm afraid this history you create in a round has to relate to the round's Focus. The current Focus is Humanity; if you can somehow justify the mountains as relating to Humanity then more power to you, but otherwise I'd ask you to save that Event for another round.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2013, 07:48:51 pm »

I'll fix that soon, then.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2013, 08:51:24 pm »

When does your Event take place? I'm guessing after the Council of Halron, but it's best to be sure.

Also, just need a contribution from IamanElfCollaborator, and I'll wrap up the round.
Yes. we might need to do minor fixes to historical continuity later, though.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2013, 09:13:42 pm »

Yeah, part of the appeal of the game is seeing how later events/scenes recontextualize events and scenes that were already written. So like, as originally written the invasion at the end of the Council of Halron sounded like some grand sweeping unified battle, but given your illumination on the state of warfare at the time it was probably more like a big zerg rush of elves/dwarves/orcs running into a mass of humans. More like a series of engagements at the tribal scale with loose communication between allied sides than any kind of organized battle or invasion. Definitely worth exploring as a Scene or three at some point.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2013, 10:08:37 pm »

Yeah, part of the appeal of the game is seeing how later events/scenes recontextualize events and scenes that were already written. So like, as originally written the invasion at the end of the Council of Halron sounded like some grand sweeping unified battle, but given your illumination on the state of warfare at the time it was probably more like a big zerg rush of elves/dwarves/orcs running into a mass of humans. More like a series of engagements at the tribal scale with loose communication between allied sides than any kind of organized battle or invasion. Definitely worth exploring as a Scene or three at some point.
Even the Siege of Kelen itself would be a very interesting turning point of history I guess.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2013, 10:12:53 pm »

Is the change I made to my action okay?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2013, 10:25:42 pm »

Yes, that's fine. Can hardly talk about the Bergian Refugees without describing the place they fled to, right?

Anywho, NOW IamanElfCollaborator is the last up.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2013, 11:37:22 pm »

Yo, Elf is done. Write up some stuff.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2013, 11:11:34 am »

@IamanElfCollaborator, unless Aeis specifically creates the Avaren in response to something at the Council of Halron (in which case I'd like a touch more detail to make the connection clearer) I'm afraid your Event also does not relate to the current round's Focus on Humanity (I know, pesky rules ruining everything.) Note that you don't have to Create the Avaren in order to use them; you can write an Event about some interaction they have with humans further down the line and define what they are then.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]