Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grazing Button - Fixed Yet?  (Read 1368 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Grazing Button - Fixed Yet?
« on: July 26, 2013, 10:00:21 pm »

As the title says, is the grazing button in the settings fixed yet?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grazing Button - Fixed Yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 01:53:26 pm »

As the title says, is the grazing button in the settings fixed yet?

Not from my testing, nope. Meph says it works for him - but for me, on or off, it doesn't change and is always ON in game for animals that graze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »

I would love to say something about the matter, but I cant access the UI code atm. I assume it was fixed, but since I moved the domestic animals into different files (to give different entities access to them) the script cant find it anymore.

My assumption is that it currently does not work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »

I would love to say something about the matter, but I cant access the UI code atm. I assume it was fixed, but since I moved the domestic animals into different files (to give different entities access to them) the script cant find it anymore.

My assumption is that it currently does not work.
So, always on right now? Oh well, I guess this means no grazing animals for me... =/
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 12:48:18 am »

yeah, some are grazing regardless of whether the button is enabled or not.  Grazing frustrated me enormously in vanilla so I always turn it off and thus notice when some still have it on.  At least it's only a small amount so digging a room in soil and opening a cavern usually produces enough to keep them alive.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 09:57:12 am »

Hmmm, ended manually fixing it. There are less instances of grazing than I expected.