Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves Are Flashing!  (Read 997 times)

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
Dwarves Are Flashing!
« on: June 13, 2008, 03:33:00 pm »

Hey all.

What does it mean if a dwarf's icon is flashing. Just flashing, nothing else. No other symbols, and I cannot find anything in any status screen to indicate why this dwarf should be different from any others.

Seriously... it's wiggin' me out.

"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves Are Flashing!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:37:00 pm »

That means they're legendary in some skill. It's a good thing.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

A good thing indeed. Being legendary at something means that they'll be making masterpieces like it was their second job (well okay, it's more than likely their first and only job but that's not the point!) or then they'll be mining through stone faster than a noble demands a large. Legendary miners also leave every one mined ore, stone or gem square behind as usable.

[ June 13, 2008: Message edited by: Jusal ]

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »

I have two flashing Dwarves.

One is a legendary miner who recently made a coffer. Flint Coffer encircled with aventurine and engraved with a maple in flint. Menaces with spikes of flint. Gecastdomas Ugutirid. Skeweredguild the Taut Rhythm.

The other is not legendary in any skill. That is what was throwing me off. Or does the physical attributes, such as superdwarvenly tough and such, possibly count towards legendary?

Ironically, the two of those Dwarves are lovers... two superdwarves making superbabies shall be awesome.

"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »

It means you need to make more clothing

/wink

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 04:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer:
The other is not legendary in any skill. That is what was throwing me off. Or does the physical attributes, such as superdwarvenly tough and such, possibly count towards legendary?
[/QB]

Did you scroll down the skill list? There might be a few that aren't showing.

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 04:34:00 pm »

Legendary Engraver... interesting.

Got that way just by working on my massive highway project, too. From No skill to legendary through normal exercise of the skill...

~Akroma

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 04:43:00 pm »

Yeah, legendary engravers are a dime a dozen.  As are legendary record keepers (the fastest-growing skill around), legendary stonecrafters, and legendary miners (these can actually be very useful).

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

I think actually that Appraisal rises faster than Record Keeping does. It's just that you only get three caravans a year, so most of the time there's no opportunity to train it.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels