Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Still alive  (Read 1919 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Still alive
« on: July 20, 2013, 07:50:38 am »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive and kicking. I had a rough patch a few weeks ago with Denguefever, but that is all gone and we are back in good health. We did spend the last 4 days on a boat from Flores to Lombok and we are now on Bali. The next ~10days or so are packed full, no idea if I'll find any time for modding.

I did read the forums, especially the digging invaders and rendermax are interesting toys to play around with. There have also been a wide array of bugreports and balancing ideas, lots of things added to the to-do list.

I managed to do quite a bit of work on the mod before we had our little problem, so I do have a working version of the magic system done, a new animal-part usage (glue, waterskins from stomach, rope from intestines, fur, fleece) and many, many changes for kobold mode, but I cant and wont upload it as it stands. I need time to test more and finish the list of reported issues.

Several items also require access to the GUI source code, which I did leave in germany (stupid), so I cant alter those anyway. Smake and Putnam have been working on elves and drow in the meantime, but neither race is in a state that it warrants inclusion in the maindownload atm. The same is true for the Goblin plugin, which is on hold if I understood everything correctly.

So please be patient, work is being done, just a bit slower then usually. Any suggestions and feeback is still welcome, as is always the case. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Still alive
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 11:43:51 pm »

I had a rough patch a few weeks ago with Denguefever,

Shit, glad your still here and not still suffering somewhere.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 09:08:10 am »

Thank god

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:17:51 am »

Yeah, we are ok. Bali is nice, although a bit more pricey then the rest of the country. And being an atheist I clearly cant thank god, usually I would say something along the lines of "thank modern medicine", but fuck modern medicine, because there is no medication against Denguefever. You can just sit around and wait till it goes away... with every bone hurting and a splitting headache, but you cant even take Aspirin because of risk of hemorrhaging. Yeah. -.- Paracetamol was the only thing we were allowed to take.

Currently I am more disappointed that the netbook doesnt support OpenGL, I cant test warmists rendermax light plugin.  :-\ I am unsure what to do with the next version of the mod... if I should release what I have, or if I should wait for more and more features to pile up.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:25:19 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 09:19:03 am »

At first I assumed this was a Portal mod....
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 09:26:29 am »

I couldnt understate my satisfaction in that case, but sadly no. No portal gun for adventurers.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 09:35:37 am »

I dont think that would even be possible.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 05:37:30 am »

well i hope your ok meph, did nto hear about this till today, sorry for late responce

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 05:40:04 am »

I dont think that would even be possible.

I actually think it would be possible.
You take the Ghost special (Pass through wall) and the 'push' option (as if they were ammo being flung) and bam. you push someone from one portal to the other through layers and what not.
The concept is doable, it's the coding behind that would probably be hellish.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 09:15:46 am »

..., it's the coding behind that would probably be hellish.
Not to mention the possible amount of bugs.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 11:53:30 am »

So now you have to do it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 12:05:38 pm »

Yeah, we are ok. Bali is nice, although a bit more pricey then the rest of the country. And being an atheist I clearly cant thank god, usually I would say something along the lines of "thank modern medicine", but fuck modern medicine, because there is no medication against Denguefever. You can just sit around and wait till it goes away... with every bone hurting and a splitting headache, but you cant even take Aspirin because of risk of hemorrhaging. Yeah. -.- Paracetamol was the only thing we were allowed to take.

Currently I am more disappointed that the netbook doesnt support OpenGL, I cant test warmists rendermax light plugin.  :-\ I am unsure what to do with the next version of the mod... if I should release what I have, or if I should wait for more and more features to pile up.

...That fever sounds like a freakin' nightmare. :/

As for releases, my view is to polish it up, finish what you have now, and release it. It's better to release each 'major system' (such as magic) in its own release, at least in my opinion, that way the focus of players will be on 1-2 features, instead of 4-8+. Generally speaking, this should give better quality feedback and more focused testing on it and help you in the end.