Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *Answered*  (Read 281 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
*Answered*
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:06:36 pm »

This guy just sneaked into my caverns.  I sicced my military on him and noticed that once he targeted my fortress he's really bloody fast!  So I sent all the civilians into the burrow I made for dangerous situations and military dwarves began running down to attack the beast.  Only whatever toxic cloud this guy is using, it kills in a couple of seconds.  About 3-4 to be exact.  And again, he's really fast.  He'll probably find the civilians in a minute or less if I unpause.

What is the best thing to do?  Should I send everyone outside and try to shut the drawbridge?  If the beast is locked in the fortress, it won't be able to kill anyone, but the dwarves might not shut the drawbridge fast enough.  Even if they do, there aren't any supplies outside.  I'm honestly at a loss with this one.

I do not plan to abandon.  My dwarves are not cowardly!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:26:01 pm by Lalasa »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Very Dangerous !Forgotten Beast!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:15:09 pm »

It can't fly.

Somewhere in the only path to the dwarves, dig a channel that's two tiles wide, and then remove the ramps on the FB's side. Or channel out a down stair that the FB needs to get at your dwarves.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: *Answered*
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 04:29:05 pm »

I attempted your idea and tried to get miners to dig out channels.  Too bad they ignored me for past designations I forgot the location of.  Before I worried about that though, the beast was slain.  It was a heavy casualty cost though.  I lost about 9-10 dwarves from this thing, the majority from my military.  It's a shame.  I really hope I don't get hit with a tantrum spiral.

Thank you though!