Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your MDF adventure stories!  (Read 1593 times)

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your MDF adventure stories!
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:24:17 am »

I was a Chaos dwarf with 89 kills and i was a beast, i had slaughtered entire villages and fortresses but then i took a transform to scarecrow spell to the adventurer. Yeah... I got turned into a scarecrow and i got ripped apart. And before that when i took over a fortress (A synonim for killed everyone in it) a Deity appeared to take control of it? Yeah im not so sure about that too. All im sure about is that it wasnt there when everyone was alive.
 I love this game and this mod
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:36:19 am by firons2 »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Your MDF adventure stories!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:43:53 pm »

LOL, nice.  That story makes me wish I wasn't so terrible at adventure mode :D 

Hopefully I will get more into it with the new persistent world changes coming to DF, i loved me some Nethack back in the day.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 11:02:13 pm »

I massacred an entire village, ran into the King consort and Queen of the civ inside one of the small hovels, and killed them too. I managed to pick up a bunch of javelins and mechanized throwers, but had to drop them when I noticed how much they weighed me down. Only one person really hurt me. A mason with a sharp steel crossbow shot my ass off. XD Though that healed. I left the place and went adventuring the entire day/night. Killed two packs of Kobolds AND beat five Bogeymen without injury. Then morning came. I fast travelled until Xen came.

Fricking Xen. I stood no chance and did no damage. They wailed on me and killed me.

Scionwoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 02:22:31 pm »

Right now I just finished grinding my character for now, and am now out adventuring/ killing. They stand no chance :P

My Stats:

Skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Attributes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 04:53:25 pm »

How do you train swimming?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 06:20:35 pm »

So, considering how apparently world gen doesnt care about material properties, would it be possible to obtain one of those "exploding cannonball bound books" or "Acid gem slabs" or would the !!boil!! right away when you enter the immediate area?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 12:11:50 pm »

How do you train swimming?

Swim.

Getting the first level of swimming is a hassle if you didn't choose it at character creation, but later levels are about as hard to train as sneaking.  Last time I played adventure mode, I spent a lot of time sneaking around on the bottom of a river killing fish.  :P  Then I walked off a waterfall...
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 05:54:45 am »

Yeah, I already knew that. Not sure why I actually asked, as it's totally obvious. I think it's more of a takes more time than my adventurer is willing to go without murdering kind of issue.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 11:08:10 am »

Sweet for the first time i got into the caverns with my adventurer!