Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Halp, idiot dwarves stuck in place.  (Read 1565 times)

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Halp, idiot dwarves stuck in place.
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:55:55 pm »

So a fb that shoots webs came to my fort, chased a dwarf along a 1 tile wide corridor and when I sent my military after it they were stuck there by the web spam.

Anyway I managed to kill it but now around 8 dwarves seem to be stuck in place progressively starving, dehydrating and throwing tantrums without moving. Pressing v on them shows their activity as ''soldier''.

Anyone has any ideas on how to unstuck these dummies?
http://i.imgur.com/xdHwnbf.png
http://i.imgur.com/b0IBzSW.png

Well I dont know what their problem was but channeling the tile under them apparently got them free of whatever it was.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:33:47 pm by Bludulukus »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Halp, idiot dwarves stuck in place.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:48:48 pm »

Cancel their orders, make them off duty in the alerts screen?

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:15 pm »

They have no orders and most of them belonged to a squad I already disbanded.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 04:39:12 am »

It's the webs. The effect doesn't last forever, you can just hope that they don't die or go insane before it wears off.

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 01:43:23 pm »

Hmm but all the other dwarves that were stuck with webs (around 30 dwarves) are already free and there are no webs on the tiles these others are standing.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 03:49:17 am »

So I suppose it doesn't say "webbed" in the wounds menu? I sometimes had the impression that the effect can even last longer than the "webbed" flag, but that is probably coincidence.

Try putting them all in a new squad and give them a station order. If they can move that should do it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 07:23:52 pm »

I once had a strange glitch where one of my soldiers was unable to move despite not being on a web or listed as being webbed after an encounter with an eyeless web-slinging buffalo FB.

She kept spamming "cancels task:webbed" for months, and ended up dehydrated, starving, and exhausted. Rearranging her squad and her labours didn't seem to do anything, so I used DFHack's gui/gm-editor tool, one of the options in the menu that pops up should be counters. Go into that and set the webbed counter to 0.

Hopefully that will work, it did for me. It may also be worthwhile to see if there are any status curing scripts for DFHack hidden away somewhere in the DFHack thread.