Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I De-Murkypoolify a tile?  (Read 623 times)

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can I De-Murkypoolify a tile?
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:02:00 pm »

I want to make a long, long, LONG road into the side of a mountain - this is going to be both my Deathtrap for nuisances like sieges, and my Caravan Road. (And possibly my Deathtrap for the caravan if they piss me off).

Basically, it's going to go in a looooong ways, be five road tiles tall by however long I make it, and then have a row of fortifications, a channel, and then a wall row, so I can conserve ballasta ammo. Towards one end is going to be a ramp leading down to the depot, with a drawbridge set directly in front of a row of fortifications - the idea being that if undesirables walk in, I drop the bridge, raise the floodgates at the outside end, and have a shoowing gallery with my Dwarven Log-Ray Death Bolts.

The hitch is that there's a couple of large Murky pools in the way. They don't even have water in them, but I know you can't build on a Murky Pool tile. Will it stop being a Murky Pool if you floor them over? Will I just have to accept that some areas of my deathtrap will be unpaved and will have their glorious straight lines marred by undesired bulges to build around the pools?

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I De-Murkypoolify a tile?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:13:00 pm »

You could always try to floor over it yourself and find out on your own.    ;)

But yes, you can floor over them and then remove the floor, and it should remove the murky pool property.  I recently tried doing just that, and I do at least remember it removing the wavy graphics and replacing it with a normal comma or period graphic for a floor.  I don't remember if I (k)ed over it to see what type of tile it was, though.

Yourself86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:13:00 pm »

Building any construction on a murky pool tile removes the tile and replaces it with a soil tile of the surrounding soil. Murky pools only restrict things like stockpiles.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:00:00 am »

It's far easier (and quicker) to build dirt roads on top of them than to build any sort of constructions.