Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Dark Fortresses and Demons  (Read 510 times)

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin Dark Fortresses and Demons
« on: June 11, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

I've been playing Adventure mode for a few days now, and I've recently taken to killing every living thing in goblin towers.  However, I was expecting there to be a demon at the heart of most/all of them.  Is it only a certain goblin 'capital' that has them?

Run Comrades

• Bay Watcher
  • Jovian Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/acylon
Re: Goblin Dark Fortresses and Demons
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:52:00 pm »

Funny you should ask...

I've been taking on the task of starting fortresses in goblin fortress areas to systematically wipe them from my seed.  I am on my third successful slaughter now, but this one is a really populated goblin fort.  Like 50 goblins.  

They have a demon ruler and a goblin local leader/swordmaster.  The smaller goblin forts of 15 to 20 didn't have any.  I don't have a ton of experience in this area, but this is what I've seen.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:00:00 am »

Wiping out goblin fortresses will not stop you from getting sieges/ambushes, I suspect. You'll stop the goblin leaders from joining the sieges, but that just means that the game will create goblins for you to fight out of whole cloth (typically lead by a guard).
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:13:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by KrunkSplein:
<STRONG>Is it only a certain goblin 'capital' that has them?</STRONG>

Precisely.  If you mod in an evil civ that's playable in adventure mode, you can ask goblins where their capital is, which should also be the location of their demonic deity/ruler.  There's one demon for each goblin civilization, unless you've already killed it.

*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.