Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves refusing to collect webs - Solved  (Read 1171 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves refusing to collect webs - Solved
« on: July 01, 2013, 01:38:36 pm »

I have looms set up right next to where a forgotten beast spewed silk.  My dwarves refuse to collect it.  They get the collect web job, which then gets canceled.  The webs aren't forbidden, there are no burrow restrictions for the workers, and there isn't an overall civ alert in effect. 

Before I placed these particular looms, there were several burning artifacts with thick smoke blocking the webs.  I put the fires out with a bucket brigade and the smoke dissipated, but I'm still getting "cancels Collect Webs: Needs 10 undisturbed thread" messages.  I wonder if the smoke ruined those webs.  One of the webs shows "x" decay, but the others look okay.  Any other ideas on what might be causing the issue?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:12:09 pm by VerdantSF »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves refusing to collect webs
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 01:49:28 pm »

how many looms are dispatching the collect webs job?

If it is only one loom, it is probably going for the closest web, discovering it is damaged, and cancelling the job. (similar to the beekeeper job bug).

Try stationing a military moron on top of the damaged web, to destroy it, then see if the problem goes away.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:50:32 pm »

I wonder if the fire "disturbed" the webbing?

The webs aren't forbidden are they? I haven't ever loo[k]ed at webs in game, even though I have collected some, so I don't know if they even can be forbidden, but it might explain things.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 02:11:52 pm »

Solved it!  The cancellation message got me thinking in the wrong direction.  The webs were shot onto statues, so I needed to remove the statues first.  The error message should've been something along the lines of "web not accessible."  Since webs are destroyed when a creature occupies the same square, I incorrectly assumed web collection happened in an adjacent square.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:23:22 pm by VerdantSF »