Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's play?  (Read 1036 times)

as-der-reiter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • As Reiter Mein Kanal
Let's play?
« on: April 01, 2013, 02:14:07 pm »

Hello

I'm from germany. My english is not the best. Hope you understand what i want.

I want to make a let's play of DF. Where is the person who can give me the permission to make it. Or is there a right of use or something like that which give me a go. Hope someone can help me.

Kind regards

Reiter

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 02:30:26 pm »

I'm pretty sure that you don't have to ask permission from Toady to make a let's play about the game.

So you can probably just go ahead and make it without any problems.

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 04:22:50 pm »

What Vlad said. I think its safe to go ahead. Just be sure to post it here so we can see it!

as-der-reiter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • As Reiter Mein Kanal
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 06:19:26 am »

That Let's play will be in german language. If i make it in english, you will have much fun.

Nobody knows more about my problem? Is there a way to write to the developer? Or is it useless?

Regards

Reiter

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:31:07 am »

No worries, Toady liked LPs like Boatmurdered or Bravemule; the devs definitely won't object to fan videos.

But if you really want official confirmation (even though it isn't necessary), you can write a mail to Toady. Here's the contact page.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:09:54 am »

Ja ok, so du musst nicht fragen wenn du ein LP machen willst, ungeachtet ob es auf deutsch oder englisch ist. Wie gesagt, wenn du dich fühlst wie du den Toady kontaktieren sollst, der Link steht oben mir („Here's the contact page“).

That said, these are english forums so I shouldn't do that. The game may be really difficult if you don't have a grasp on the english langauge - of course I could be wrong, seeing that English is my first language.

More attention and publicity is always welcome.

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:08:33 am »

Ja ok, so du musst nicht fragen wenn du ein LP machen willst, ungeachtet ob es auf deutsch oder englisch ist. Wie gesagt, wenn du dich fühlst wie du den Toady kontaktieren sollst, der Link steht oben mir („Here's the contact page“).

That said, these are english forums so I shouldn't do that. The game may be really difficult if you don't have a grasp on the english langauge - of course I could be wrong, seeing that English is my first language.

More attention and publicity is always welcome.
Since he has a plan to make a DF let's play, I'm guessing that he knows how to play the game.
DF needs you to understand engrish at a basic level, and judging from the OP's sentences, he meets that requirement.

as-der-reiter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • As Reiter Mein Kanal
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 07:44:40 am »

Here i am back.

I've got the answer a few weeks ago and it is yes.

Next problem was that my HDD crashes but now it is ok and there are 4 parts on youtube. they are in german language. If you want to see what i am playing look at part 4 and above. the first 3 parts are the creation of the world. There will be 2 parts a week normally. Thanks a lot for your answers. Hope to see you on my channel.

Kind regards

As Reiter

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 07:23:02 pm »

Solltest du das nicht auf dem deutschem DF forum posten? Hier wirst du nicht sehr viele Leute finden die etwas mit einem deutschem LP anfangen können.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ChuckWeiss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:03 pm »

Good luck with the let's play! And don't forget to leave a link for us; even if it is in Deutsch I'd like to take a look at it.
When he dies for the Mountain, the Mountain will weep not tears, but Blood for the Blood God!

as-der-reiter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • As Reiter Mein Kanal
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 05:34:06 am »

Here are the links

1.part (creating the world)

http://youtu.be/4maVjXe5aIw

4. part (gameplay)

http://youtu.be/gwxZtPTcg-w

@Meph

Hab ich dort auch gepostet, aber man kann sich ein Let's play auch anschauen ohne es sprachlich zu verstehen. Ist auch interessant so die Spielart von jemanden anderen zu analysieren.

as-der-reiter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • As Reiter Mein Kanal
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 09:44:06 am »

Hello!

The first session has got an end after part 17. The woodcutter has got no tool and there was no way to get wood.

I start a new game with the phoebus-grafic. Comment is in german but you know this game to see what i am doing! ;-)

Have a look at it

http://youtu.be/7TavZGNjPio

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 10:25:17 am »

Let's Plays belongs to the community games category: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=14.0