Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Worst. Embark. Ever.  (Read 2426 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Worst. Embark. Ever.
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 06:54:01 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83112

Dwarven Guidance Counselor.  Plug in attributes, receive recommendations as to what a dwarf will be good at.
I do prefer splinterz' Dwarf Therapist though. You can examine the dwarf's precise preferences and stats rather than relying on the program's judgement, and you can also see everyone at once. It doesn't make much difference once the dwarf gains some skill, but promoting the right unskilled migrant to a skilled position can get you quality goods with just a few attempts.

The only stat I really care about for miners is Agility, since they're going to be spending a lot of time walking around and not actively working. Agility also affects job speed, so it helps even when they've gotten to the dig site.

Yeah, Agility is nice

The embark before this one, literally all my dwarves but one were some variant of clumsy (one was even very clumsy)

Took forever for things to get done.

And yeah, I just found the role recommendation on the new branch of Therapist.  Quite nice.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 2 [3]