Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tech-kind-of-question  (Read 420 times)

jocke the beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tech-kind-of-question
« on: June 13, 2013, 06:09:36 am »

Hi.
My PC is conected to my 40 inch LCD-TV right now and I have to sit like like 1,5 meters away in order to be able to play the game correctly. I would like to be able to sit in my sofa (2,5-3 meters away) but my current TV wouldn't allow me to actually see all the little details.

So, do you think a 50 inch will do? Plasma or LCD?

Thanks!
Me: Come, Join me on my adventures!
Crossbowman: *spits at me* Surely any place is better than this, lets be off!

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tech-kind-of-question
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:07:34 am »

Lol, bragging about size and number of TVs in this thread.

You can use a bigger tileset to increase the size of each tile, or scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in. I've used both those methods playing on a TV and found just scrolling to be easiest.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:52:13 am »

Playing DF like a boss.

jocke the beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:07:02 am »

No bragging. Just want to play from my sofa and actually be able to read/see everything on the screen.
Dont have place for a stationery computer with monitor..
Me: Come, Join me on my adventures!
Crossbowman: *spits at me* Surely any place is better than this, lets be off!

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:17:03 am »

your mouse wheel can increase and decrease the zoom level

Eddis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 08:53:06 pm »

Hi.
My PC is conected to my 40 inch LCD-TV right now and I have to sit like like 1,5 meters away in order to be able to play the game correctly. I would like to be able to sit in my sofa (2,5-3 meters away) but my current TV wouldn't allow me to actually see all the little details.

So, do you think a 50 inch will do? Plasma or LCD?

Thanks!

You can use [ and ] to increase/decrease zoom as well - useful for corrupted/missing text in certain menus.

As for your problem, you will want to change the default desktop resolution you are displaying at to somthing lower to allow the image to appear "bigger" on your TV - with the drawback of having less usable display space (you will see stuff bigger, but see less due to less pixels being displayed).

Another wonderful feature is that some TV's used as monitors will not display lower resolution full-screen. The TV will display black borders around the edges. If this happens in your case then changing resolution will be futile.

EDIT: i'm using a 27" LCD display at 1920x1080 resolution (roughly 80cm from my eyes) and unless I am conducting military movement I generally play the game fully zoomed in. Playing zoomed out for any length of time makes my eyes hurt  :o
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:09:49 pm by Eddis »