Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Depot Inaccessible.  (Read 1768 times)

Bluehotdog5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade Depot Inaccessible.
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:38:09 pm »

So once again, I'm have a problem with my Trade Depot being Inaccessible. I just started this game, so they've only attempted to come once. So far I have built a moat around my main area, with two 4 tile wide drawbridges. And It's still not accessible. Is it the tree's or something? I'll link pictures below. Oh, and the Trade Depot is just south of what is pictured. The Depot itsself is in the green area, everything around the green area is red though.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Depot Inaccessible.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:45:35 pm »

So once again, I'm have a problem with my Trade Depot being Inaccessible. I just started this game, so they've only attempted to come once. So far I have built a moat around my main area, with two 4 tile wide drawbridges. And It's still not accessible. Is it the tree's or something? I'll link pictures below. Oh, and the Trade Depot is just south of what is pictured. The Depot itsself is in the green area, everything around the green area is red though.

Amongst the obvious things that block passage (eg. walls, pools, etc), trees and boulders will also prevent wagons passing - you can see where there's a 3x3 inaccessible space around that boulder in the 'green zone'.

Clearcutting a path to the map edge should resolve the problem, boulders can be smoothed or floored over to prevent them blocking wagons.

The green paths are drawn out from the depot, so you can see where the path becomes blocked in each direction.

Kumis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:08:30 pm »

I'm not familiar with your tile-set, but the area you're in looks like it straddles two biomes, one with lots of rocks and trees in the north and one with far fewer in the south. It could also be the case that you've designated a large area of trees to be cut (with the top left of the area just to the left of the bridge).

I'd also suggest cutting a path or two out; there doesn't appear to be anything buggy going on.
Dodók Medtobór,
What are you trying to hunt?
Y u no find path?

Bluehotdog5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 05:07:20 pm »

So just cutting trees and smoothing stones in a path to the edge should do the trick?

Bluehotdog5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:09:56 pm »

Another problem I'm having is I seem to be getting a lot of messages like "(Dwarf name) Cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Item Inaccessible" What are all of those about?

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 05:17:39 pm »

So just cutting trees and smoothing stones in a path to the edge should do the trick?

Yes, that is all you need to do. Also, I sugest you (b)build a (o)road to prevent trees  from blocking the path in the future.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:01:28 pm by vastaghen12 »

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 06:17:37 pm »

Another problem I'm having is I seem to be getting a lot of messages like "(Dwarf name) Cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Item Inaccessible" What are all of those about?

It could mean a couple of things most likely is that you have someone trying to store something that is out of his reach or becomes out of his reach. Some items across rivers for example. Try to discern what he was attempting to store.  If you can locate it and it is a redundant item (like ore or wood) just forbid it so that it doesn't spam your announcements. Or you can create a path to get there by building bridges/floors etc.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 08:13:27 pm »

It could mean a couple of things most likely is that you have someone trying to store something that is out of his reach or becomes out of his reach. Some items across rivers for example. Try to discern what he was attempting to store.  If you can locate it and it is a redundant item (like ore or wood) just forbid it so that it doesn't spam your announcements. Or you can create a path to get there by building bridges/floors etc.

In my experience burrows are the single largest cause of this problem. Strangely the second largest cause is when my geese fly out of their pasture to the inaccessible top of a wall.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 04:26:53 pm »

Technically since the Southern side is accessible, wouldn't it be better to get the Depots to appear on that side so as to avoid the lengthy forest journey?