Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hall of Urists  (Read 973 times)

ITHEURIST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hall of Urists
« on: June 07, 2013, 05:53:14 pm »

Sorry if there's already something like this but here is my version. If there is another one please post the link.

Anyway, what is your greatest Urist? Mine was a pyro-maniac...I will leave it at that.
WoobMonkey- I hereby swear to uphold the true spirit of Dwarven Nobility: bitching, demanding, and being distracted by kittens, doors, and well-made cage traps.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
Re: Hall of Urists
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:41:14 pm »

If you mean a dwarf actually named Urist then mine was my last Militia Commander. He was a Master Axedwarf with legendary skills, decent teaching ability, and no empathy.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 09:47:32 pm »

My greatest Urist was a blacksmith who made an artifact sterling silver sarcophagus.

Now, if you mean dwarves with any given name, I'd have to say that was the crippled axedwarf I had... well, a while ago. She lost a leg early in the fort, but I gave her a crutch and put her back to training: three years later she was a Legendary Crutch-Walker and Legendary Axedwarf and used both the axe and the crutch superbly in battle.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 03:52:58 pm »

The last time i see a notable urist was a baby (baby shield) that get shoot in the right hand. Because he have so tiny cute little dwarf baby handm, the arrow ripped in one shoot. So sad this last version have a bug with creature born in fortress, otherside i could let him into military. If he survive to adult age, he is prob going to be a goodamm sheriff/captain of guard.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 04:13:00 pm »

i hada swiss army dwarf that was weilding 3 axes 3 swords 3 warhammers and a shield.... in 1 hand

well meckoga just don't give em blunt weapons

ITHEURIST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 04:33:01 pm »

i hada swiss army dwarf that was weilding 3 axes 3 swords 3 warhammers and a shield.... in 1 hand

That's truly amazing...
WoobMonkey- I hereby swear to uphold the true spirit of Dwarven Nobility: bitching, demanding, and being distracted by kittens, doors, and well-made cage traps.

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 05:59:42 am »

But with all that weapons, he as a good warrior? Cause this extra weapons is just more weight to carry, the only good thing i see with all that weapons is if he lose the grip because weapon get strucked on the enemy.

Searching for weapons info, and using a version of Dwarf Therapis, i see my Little Urist have a size of +-15000cm, so he can only wield daggers, crossbows and spears. But all these he need both hands. So the only weapon he can actually use is the blowgun  :o. If i put him in the role of sheriff, how he going to do to give "justice" for dwarves?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 07:03:27 am »

I had an Urist who killed a forgotten beast and got the title " The dead corpse"

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »

i danger roomed him so when he went out during sieges he was a goblin mower.

well i guess crossbows or spears for the little guy it is then

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 12:47:29 am »

A giant olm was lurking under a well. It pulled in the duke and duchess and drowned them. It did the same to the captain of the guard, tearing off both his arms.

I had one more soldier who dove into the well and took the fight to the olm directly. The water was stained red before it was flushed back into the underground river. His sword got embedded in the beast, so he wrestled it to death before resurfacing. The sword and the corpse still rest below the well, with the olm's three other victims keeping it company forever.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

ITHEURIST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 08:00:46 am »

I had an Urist who killed a forgotten beast and got the title " The dead corpse"
A title fit for a king...