Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vucar Stablerelics, Goblin Dwarven General.  (Read 1761 times)

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Vucar Stablerelics, Goblin Dwarven General.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »

yup pretty weird bt it is possible for dwarves and goblins to be at peace with one another. my first fort i lost to ambushers and went to reclaim it. did not pay attention and reclaimed as a different civ that weirdly enough turned ot to be at peace with the gobbies

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 05:26:49 pm »

I'm not so sure he's unique... If it didn't take my awful laptop forever to save and load the worlds, I'd go back into legends and check the other goblins I saw settling. Some of them settled well before Vucar, the only reason i was focused on him was because he rose to the rank of General in my civ.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 06:33:46 pm »

Let us know if you get any goblin immigrants!

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 06:40:25 pm »

Do Generals migrate? I'm up to a County right now, I'm not too far from Monarch.. 107 population, 16 million wealth. I always just assumed the General migrated with the King. Or Queen, in my case.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 02:26:42 am »

The Goblin civ entity has this [TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED] so he probably moved into a mountain hall during peacetime and worked his way up the ladder.

In fact, the only site they won't move into is forest retreats.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:28:20 am by duckman »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 03:43:31 am »

[Edit] an out of curiosity, checked up on Sealweather as well. Another mountain hall, founded in 43, by 12 dwarves and 1 goblin, Dumed Angelquakes. Sealweather's history is actually alot more plain than Tubeboat's. Dwarves and goblins settling it, a troll got uppity, the bridges built.. but that's really it.

Dumed Angelquakes sounds like a ridiculously awesome protagonist name.
._.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 06:28:39 am »

I have no clue if goblins or anything else from a dwarf civ that isn't a dwarf can migrate to a fort, but that would be kinda awesome. At least if they were treated as regular dwarves by the game and DT when it comes to jobs.

I'm pretty sure that migrants are actual dwarves in the civ at the time they come to the fort though, since you can get migrants from past abandoned forts if you start up a new one in the same civ. I ended up with half of my old military one time, which I didn't mind at all, since they hadn't gone batshit crazy or anything FUN like that.

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:08 am »

He's not a vampire is he? What's his kills like?

I've seen legends reports of a dwarf vampire queen somewhere on the forums and she'd spent time in goblin fortresses during world gen, apparently peacefully. (Nomming on residents nonwithstanding).
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 08:40:25 am »

Sadly, neither the game proper, nor 3rd party utilities such as DT will handle them like you'd like.  There is an older thread from this version describing someone's Goblin King.  (Personally, I would have renamed him Jared, and nick-named his Champion Hoggle.)

The King could not be assigned his Royal Quarters.  He just kept milling about the meeting room, and I believe kept issuing mandates for doors.  The game treated him as a pet (Ng Bdrstdp, Gobling King (Tame)).
Pages: 1 [2]