Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Former Goblin Slave?  (Read 391 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Former Goblin Slave?
« on: June 08, 2013, 08:34:30 am »

Maybe this happens alot, maybe it doesn't. Maybe it happened to me before and I never noticed, but considering what I was checking for, I doubt it.

A migant came to my fortress this year, and I've been checking to see if they have a hundred ''former member of'' or ''lacks alcohol.'' just incase I get a vampire. Because I have a legendary armorsmith to protect. Also I setup their obs as they enter the map, makes it easier for me. Anyways, this one guy is a fairly promising suspect for a vampire, his blue area is large. He doesn't 'lack alcohol' or anything, but he's 121 years old, and he's the former member of 4 different places. The part that piqued[?] my interest however is the last one..

''He is a former prisoner of The Torment of Aging.''

Despite this being funny cause he's an older dwarf[alot of my migrants tend to be around 50-70, for some reason], this single line has me... interested? What does this mean? What he baby snatched... then rescued? Was he taken prisoner in a war[!] and then escaped? I don't understand. The goblins still exist so it's not like his captors were smashed into oblivion.

Also, is 4 former civs enough to be qualified as 'undead scum'?

[Edit]: He also has a kill list, but it's only populated by one person; Song Umbraltick the Human[!], in 455.

[Edit2]: Yes. He was abducted as a baby[im looking in legends in a copy of the world] by a human[1] and imprisoned for apparently 3 years. He was abducted in 382, and 'In 385, Cerol was reunited with Lokum Wallroof and Atir Oilyawn in Groupedurn.' Two years later, he was attacked and bitchslapped his agressor. WHEN HE WAS FIVE YEARS OLD.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:48:25 am by SpiralDimentia »
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Former Goblin Slave?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 09:24:44 am »

he's not a vampire.  4 former places is nothing, i have some with like 7.  when he has 20, that's a problem.  i've also never had a prisoner before, so i don't know.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.