Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help me find a ninja movie.  (Read 1650 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Help me find a ninja movie.
« on: June 07, 2013, 05:36:25 am »

So, back in the day, me and a friend used to love watching terrible ninja movies. Because, ninjas were fucking awesome. The more cheesy the better, one that really stood out is the one I am looking for now, but I can't find it. I tried googling for it, I tried asking my friend if he remembered and I have gone through lists upon lists of ninja movies but I just can't find a description that matches. So it is time to outsource.

Here are a couple of things I remember of the movie.
Something or other evil ninja master does evil shit. The search for good ninjas goes out and they assemble (I think it was four of them or something) to go take on the evil ninja master and his evil ninjas.

The movie was "played straight" even as ridiculous as it was they never lampshaded it or anything.

There were different kinds of ninjas, I remember underground ninjas that burrowed and struck from below, and there were ninjas with polished mirrors on their chest they used to blind the good guys, these ones were defeated at the end by (no kidding) throwing eggs at them so their mirrors stopped working.

It was an utterly shit movie, but in the good way, the way that made it utterly enjoyable.

So, anyone know the obscure b-movie I am talking about?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Help me find a ninja movie.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:06:51 am »

I know what you're talking about. A guy punches clean through someone, right? No Internal organs visible? That was popular enough to get to a university campus on lesotho. I know there's someone with an avatar from it.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 12:44:21 pm »

The movie was "played straight" even as ridiculous as it was they never lampshaded it or anything.

There were different kinds of ninjas, I remember underground ninjas that burrowed and struck from below, and there were ninjas with polished mirrors on their chest they used to blind the good guys, these ones were defeated at the end by (no kidding) throwing eggs at them so their mirrors stopped working.
A guy punches clean through someone, right? No Internal organs visible?

Pretty sure you're describing one of Sho Kosugi's ninja movies from the 80s. Don't recall exactly which one of the trilogy did those things, but should be one of these:

Enter the Ninja
Revenge of the Ninja
Ninja III: the Domination

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 01:18:24 pm »

A guy punches clean through someone, right? No Internal organs visible?

Pretty sure you're describing one of Sho Kosugi's ninja movies from the 80s. Don't recall exactly which one of the trilogy did those things, but should be one of these:

Enter the Ninja
Revenge of the Ninja
Ninja III: the Domination

No the Ninja Trilogy with Kosugi are too 'modern', I believe this was set in an older time period. But in general, Kosugi is a pretty safe bet when it comes to ninja movies heh.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 01:25:42 pm »

Was the lead ninja asian or white? Also...was he an awkward blonde guy and various ninja wore brightly various colors red/blue/camouflage/etc?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 01:32:02 pm »

Was the lead ninja asian or white? Also...was he an awkward blonde guy and various ninja wore brightly various colors red/blue/camouflage/etc?

For the first part I do not remember, but the second part yeah. I remember the "burrowing" ninjas being brown, the aforementioned mirror ninjas being bright yellow and there were a couple other versions as well. I'm starting to think it might have been one of Godfrey Ho's spliced disasterpieces but one where he didn't use Richard Harrison.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 01:39:30 pm »

might have been one of Godfrey Ho's spliced disasterpieces

That's what I was thinking too. Looking for a list, but there were a bunch of them and they all kind of blended together in my mind. I'd be hard pressed to give titles.

There's this, which intends to be a list of all movies with ninja, ever:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ninja_films

You could probably filter anything not made in the 80s.

And, here we go, complete filmography for Godfrey Ho:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0387301/filmoyear

Problem is...that list has 77 instances of the word "ninja." Narrowing it down to a single title might take some time. Especially if you're remembering generic spliced scenes that were used in several movies.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 01:42:42 pm »

might have been one of Godfrey Ho's spliced disasterpieces

That's what I was thinking too. Looking for a list, but there were a bunch of them and they all kind of blended together in my mind. I'd be hard pressed to give titles.

There's this, which intends to be a list of all movies with ninja, ever:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ninja_films

You could probably filter anything not made in the 80s.

And, here we go, complete filmography for Godfrey Ho:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0387301/filmoyear

Problem is...that list has 77 instances of the word "ninja." Narrowing it down to a single title might take some time. Especially if you're remembering generic spliced scenes that were used in several movies.

Hah time to do some digging. Thanks for the help so far :)

As a reward, have some Ninja Magic
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:44:23 pm by Aptus »

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 01:57:42 pm »

Ahah! I got it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Element_Ninjas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-enqXPpcd4

This is the one!