Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legend mode  (Read 777 times)

Kingpin232323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legend mode
« on: June 07, 2013, 03:55:10 pm »

Is it possible to look into legend mode or in some kind of history when playing fortress mode?
I can only look into it when I retire the fort so when a dwarf engraves something I cant look it up.

Another question is when I look into a fighting report I only c the fight from one perspective.
Would be great to see what the other guy is doing aswell. Is that possible?

I only been playing this recently and maybe I am missing some options.

Maybe someone can share some light on this.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legend mode
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:59:09 pm »

Make a copy of your savegame, load the copy, abandon fort and open legends mode. That's the only method to use both modes in parallel.

You should be seeing both sides actions in combat logs. Probably the other guy was not fighting back or died before he could.

Kingpin232323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 04:06:18 pm »

Yes I thought of that too maybe the other one isnt fighting back so I looked at different reports and it
Showed the same.  I am  doing somethin wrong probably.

Too bad I cant jump into legend mode like that it could be very usefull sometimes.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 04:19:51 pm »

Well, there are combat situations where only one side is fighting, like a hammerer beating someone or a really well trained military that can kill opponents before they can fight back.

As for historic events, I find it enough to look them up just once or before I start a fort. All other historic engravings will be about events in your fort, since history generation "freezes" upon gamestart in the current version.

Kingpin232323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 04:45:53 pm »

Well I have to take a better look to the fighting reports then and see which dwarfs are fighting.
Maybe it was a dwarf that went berserk and killing the other dwarfs who didnt had any fighting skills.

And  I wil make a extra savegame for legend mode.

Thanks for the quick response