Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gold Sword Artifact  (Read 1432 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Sword Artifact
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 07:04:41 pm »

Why doesn't the bone have a creature ID attached? Is it actually made from bone, or another material that's called 'bone'?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 07:24:11 pm »

He may have a mod that standardizes bone types so you don't have a billion different bones to sort through.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 09:16:24 pm »

How do you do that and still get useable stacks? I've had a go at standardising butchery returns, but I haven't figured out bones yet.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 06:39:56 am »

I have no idea, I think accelerated DF does it though, unless it's normal to get ☼Bone Crossbow☼ instead of ☼Elf Bone Crossbow☼.. I would think it'd be similar to Veok's Leather Mod though
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 06:19:22 pm »

He may have a mod that standardizes bone types so you don't have a billion different bones to sort through.

I do. Makes things easier that way.

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 02:30:57 am »

Useless or not, that's still a pretty epic sword. Oh and for you guys complaining about useless crafter moods. Put a door on your crafting workshop! It's easily the most commonly mooded workshop, which means you need a door on it anyway (to lock in beserk dwarves). Also, if some useless nohope soon to be woodcrafter migrant goes in there, lock him in and let him go mad. The artifact won't count towards your total allowed artifacts, you won't get useless expensive clutter and he won't use up anything. Just have a coffin ready and only open the door once he's starved.
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 10:10:51 pm »

To be fair, it's not entirely uselsss. Gold is strong enough to cut through anything made of cloth, wood, bone, or flesh unless it happens to be extremely huge (adamantine swords glancing off giant size clothing). Even creatures that wear armor rarely have full coverage, anyways, so you have a good chance of hitting the unprotected bits. Also, artifacts get a special bonus to their hit chance (or defense roll if it's clothing/armor), which is most noticeable on low-skilled creatures. Artifacts also can never melt, but can still catch on fire or be atom smashed.

If you want to have some fun, dig out a room away from the fortress and place the sword in it. Flood it with magma, then drain it. Your eternally burning sword should be a magnet for thieves.
Pages: 1 [2]