Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Dwarf Fort Blog, come watch me fail in Datansholid! UPDATE 28/05/2013  (Read 1205 times)

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello,

I am writing a new blog that will chronicle the life and times of my new fort Datansholid. Set in the frozen tundra of the Jungles of Judging in the land of Zuza Sagus; "The Domain of the Dwarves"! A colony established to challenge the presence of an elven settlement in dwarven territory.

It could fail horribly or not, whatever happens I have plans for various projects that I am sure will invite... FUN.

Let me know what you think.

http://cunnahdwarffort.blogspot.co.uk/
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:18:41 am by Cunnah »

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dwarf Fort Blog, come watch me fail in Datansholid!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:44:33 pm »

Ooh, goody, I always love reading other peoples experiences, my forts tend to be fairly dull, currently my dwarves are scraping out a bare existence in a vast desert of black sand.

Cant comment on the blog itself for various reasons but to respond to Verdant, you deforest entire valleys because they're elves. Period. They're elves. The enemy. Even if you don't need the wood, you just chuck it down a chute to the magma sea. Along with the elves who brought it.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:52:25 pm »

PTW, Meng is... Interesting. And terrifying.

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:21:43 pm »

New Post up. These are probably going to turn up in fits and starts as I play on and off. Seems there is always something to talk about.

Cunnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:18:10 am »

Another update. As the fort progresses these posts are becoming fair bit of work to edit. I have switched tense in the sentences and have started using the translated dwarf names. Hopefully this will help with writing. I will probably go back over the older posts some time and edit them to fit.

Let me know what you think of the blog and offer suggestions. 

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Multi-terraced underground city, it's actually rather beautiful if I might say so myself.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My god, what am I doing with my fortress?!

Currently it is merely a traders outpost set into the side of a mountain. It must be expanded into a home fit for generations of dwarves!

You've given me inspiration with your blog, sir, well played!
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.