Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Melting down early named items?  (Read 397 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Melting down early named items?
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »

I have a lot of non-masterful items that I'd like to melt down and reforge.  I noticed that selecting such items for melting doesn't work.  Is there a workaround?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Melting down early named items?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 01:49:17 pm »

they're treated like artifacts, so they won't be dumped, traded, or melted.  If you just want dwarves to not use them, then you have lots of possibilities.  Atomsmashing, dropping into hell, dropping into SMR, freezing, crushing with cave-in, and melting should all work.  Also forbidding them once they're de-equipped, or building them into weapontraps.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 02:24:51 pm »

This DFHack stocks plugin by falconne allowed me to dump an artifact large gem. I don't have any artifacts or named items to test on, but I'm cautiously assuming that 'dump' is not the only flag you can add.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 03:04:14 pm »

Thanks!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 03:44:39 pm »

why would you do this to poor Urist?   :'(
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku