Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armored civilians grabbing clothes.  (Read 795 times)

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
Armored civilians grabbing clothes.
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

It's my first fort after a long break from playing and I decided that I would armor my civilians so I wouldn't have to deal with clothes.

I eventually did end up having to deal with clothes cause of the picky Miner and Woodcutters. my armored civilians are claiming clothes as well though, and leaving it in their rooms. The civilian squads are set to inactive and allowing them to wear their armor over their clothing has helped with the clutter at least, except they wear boots so they end up leaving their shoes laying around.

Is there a way to make them not claim clothes just for the hell of it?
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armored civilians grabbing clothes.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 06:44:25 pm »

The civilian squads are set to inactive and allowing them to wear their armor over their clothing...

Choose Replace Clothing, not Over Clothing, and they will only wear their uniform without any random extras :).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:46:14 pm by VerdantSF »

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 06:59:42 pm »

I should've probably mentioned I was doing that before I allowed it to be over clothing, sorry.

Before they would claim clothes and put it in their room. Now, they'll wear the clothes they claim, except for the shoes since they boots.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 07:43:28 pm »

Give them a couple of cabinets in each bedroom, and they'll put all the claimed clothes neatly in the cabinets.
Never pet a burning dog.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »

I'd much prefer them to not claim the clothing to begin with. Other than having them active is there a way to prevent this?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:17 pm »

Magma?

I honestly don't know. Clothing related thoughts have been problematic since the dawn of time.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 12:35:25 am »

From my experience dwarves will claim extra sets of clothes if they have a room assigned to them.  If your heart is set on providing a bedroom or tomb for your dwarves you are going to have to accept the clutter.  That clutter can be minimized by producing only one upper body, lower body, and foot clothing item (ex: robe, skirt, socks).
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 12:50:13 am »

Well, I suppose I'll just have to give them all cabinets like Blue Emu suggested. Thanks for the help.