Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having Trouble Growing Plants Underground  (Read 295 times)

ripture

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Having Trouble Growing Plants Underground
« on: June 02, 2013, 09:02:50 pm »

Hey,

I've tried searching around but can't seem to find a concrete reason why my farms produce almost nothing year after year.

My farms have looked like that for at least the past year.  I built them when I embarked in year 201 and the left-most plot was half-planted while the other plots looked like they do now.  Sometime last year, the left-most plot finally produced a few crops and it became what it is now.  It is now year 203 and nothing seems to be growing.  I can't remember ever having trouble filling up farms with crops and producing much more quickly than I could consume.  What am I missing?  The only time my dwarves get to drink anything is when caravans come through. :(

I'm using Masterwork DF v3 if that matters.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:09:03 pm by ripture »

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Having Trouble Growing Plants Underground
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »

Just a thought:

Hit 'z' and look in the kitchen tab to make sure you have seeds.  Also, make sure seeds are not set to be cooked.

ripture

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:44:56 pm »

I don't have any seeds for the things they are trying to grow as they are all planted and not germinating.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 10:43:48 pm »

Um I seem to recall one of masterworks settings options was harder farming although not sure if it slows down crops that much.  Still might be something to check.  If its something like plump helmets they should have grown by now reguardless.  The other option I guess would be to check to see if you planted right at the end of the plants season.

ripture

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 11:35:24 pm »

I think you've figured it out, Merendel.  There is a Harder Farming option.  The tooltip for the option states that underground crops need 4 seasons to grow.  No thanks to that.  :D   That would be my fault for not more closely examining all of Masterwork's settings.

Thank you!