Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan wont unload their goods  (Read 521 times)

Zorae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravan wont unload their goods
« on: June 01, 2013, 01:16:30 pm »

My first caravan came and unloaded their goods, but when I open trade with them I get this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I check my stocks I can see that foreign items are there

And when I zoom in on something it takes me to one of their pack animals...

I really really want those goods, is there any way I can get them without causing a loyalty cascade?

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan wont unload their goods
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 02:45:02 pm »

You could trying deconstructing the trade depot.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:48:13 pm »

looks weird, seems like a bug. Maybe someone knows, maybe it's on the bugtracker
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 08:09:13 pm »

Have you checked if their wagons are stuck somewhere?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:19:09 pm »

If you wait long enough, the goblins will probably come after them.

I'm relatively sure that they won't start unloading until every single unit is in the depot. If they're not coming and you really want their stuff, you can wall off the depot, sealing everyone inside. Some of them may go insane eventually. But the real trick is to cause a controlled cave-in of the depot. This will probably injure them rather sharply, more so if they fall several levels. Furthermore, it is possible for items to fall on their heads, which is extremely deadly. Ballistae are also extremely effective... if you funnel them down a long, 1x1 hallway, with a ballista positioned to launch arrows down the line, you will probably skewer them pretty well. Additionally, since ballistae can strike any creature, friend or foe, indiscriminately, you have no chance of causing a loyalty cascade and should then be able to loot the corpses.

If all else fails, drown them.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Nobu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 10:24:25 pm »

I've seen this happen when I have more than one Depot.  They can get confused and behave strangely; in the case I have in mind, the wagons and the mounted merchants weren't able to reach the same Depot.  The wagons went to one, and the mounted merchants to the other.  Neither group unloaded properly.

In my case though I got a strange look at the wagons backed up into each in a row sitting in my front gate.  I deconstructed the Depot they wanted to use and the other group actually unloaded properly.  The wagons left.