Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Requesting assistance for a necro tower project  (Read 809 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Requesting assistance for a necro tower project
« on: May 27, 2013, 04:30:24 pm »

Greetings, fellow players and modders of Dwarf Fortress. Lately, I've been playing Deon's GENESIS mod, which utilizes some interesting "animate dead" interactions- apart from two conventional zombie types, there is one with a firejet interaction, and two transform the raised bodypart into an animal instantly upon reanimation. The animal's allegiance, however, is apparently bugged, as well as it's naming... but it got me thinking:

-I presume if the end creature would have [NOT_LIVING][OPPOSED_TO_LIFE], it would be on the same side it would be as a zombie.
-would creatures with these two tokens, raised this way, appear in worldgen as minions of the necromancer who raised them, eventually building towers, living there in adventurer mode, and coming to invade nearby forts? In other words, would they work the same as zombies?

The desired end result would be a diverse selection of secrets, and fitting minions (from flesh/clay golem to familiars) for every one of them. It would then be added to Genesis or whichever mod you people like to use it for.
Problem is, I'm fairly clumsy at modding, I haven't yet got to the sample creature to spawn in the arena... so it will take time until I get results. Please let me know if this has already been done before!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting assistance for a necro tower project
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 06:41:52 pm »

Hm, Fear The Night has necros that can create demon-like monsters and burning zombies, but only their animated corpses ever show up in worldgen. Occasionally, like, ONE burning zombie will show up in worldgen.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 12:39:55 am »

Hm, Fear The Night has necros that can create demon-like monsters and burning zombies, but only their animated corpses ever show up in worldgen. Occasionally, like, ONE burning zombie will show up in worldgen.

By burning zombie, you mean a zombie with a flame interaction slapped onto it, or an entirely new creature?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:27:01 am »

Its a new creature.

Why not take the parts from deons genesis, slap them on a vanilla version, set secrets/slabs to 0 at worldgen, run some very long histories, and see if towers start to pop up? If yes, then the custom necromancers with their fancy creatures work, and you could try a testfort to see if they siege you. Just embark next to one, ramp up your forts value and wait.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::