Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: clothes question  (Read 335 times)

Apollo Densin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
clothes question
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:23:44 am »

Do you need to have a good supply of every type of clothing or can you just focus on lets say only making trousers tunics caps gloves shoes and socks?
"Man I just survived an attack by 90 goblins with no loses. I feel so unsafe, time to build more defenses." My typical response to this game

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: clothes question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:38:56 am »

You only need shirts, pants and shoes for the dwarves to be happy.  Anything past that, even socks, is unnecessary and has little effect aside from increasing your fort value.  I believe a dwarf will get a small happiness boost for grabbing extras, but not enough to matter.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:27:43 pm »

You only need shirts, pants and shoes for the dwarves to be happy.  Anything past that, even socks, is unnecessary and has little effect aside from increasing your fort value.

Socks also count for the foot slot to avoid the mood hit, though stylistically, I prefer to make shoes :).

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:26:40 pm »

less specific, more general;

you need one piece for the upper body, one for the lower body, one for the feet. If a piece of clothing covers more than one of those, it still only counts as a single piece, usually upper body (not sure). A robe technically protects both upper and lower body, but doesn't count for covering both
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.